Missing masthead

I have a house built in 1976 and has no masthead but the pipe does not go into the electric meter box. Is this still an acceptable setup? I feel that the service wire insulation can erode on edge of pipe where masthead should be? Water cannot get into meter box as it has a good seal for any drippage down the mast. Oakland county michigan building code dept is closed for the corona situation. TYIA.2020-03-20T04:00:00Z
I want to note it as a safety hazard and deficiency. Am i right on this?

Yes you are, Nandor… :smile:

It should have a proper weather head and it appears too low to the roof or could just be a pic angle.

Nandor welcome to our forum!..Enjoy! :smile:

You are certainly not wrong…

No matter were you located ( i’m in Genessee County) that is a jack-leg installation. I would say something like ‘’ The wire entering the service mast does not meet conventional standards. I recommend you have a qualified electrician repair this as they determine necessary". Do not get too caught up with exactly how it should be installed, let someone else figure that out. There’s no need to call the county inspector. Just let your customer know that that is a poor installation and they should get itv fixed.

Thank you for the help. Your right about the height off the roof. Service line is only 11 ft off the ground which i am putting in my report. Cheers.

Thank you for your response, it is greatly appreciated. I like your narrative and will incorporate it into my report.