Modular Home With Finished Basement

No steel frame, hauled on a flatbed truck and set in place with a crane.

that would be a modular…not manufactured…

1 Like

https://www.triadfs.com/news/how-manufactured-homes-differ-from-mobile-and-modular-homes#:~:text=The%20major%20difference%20between%20manufactured,transported%20to%20the%20home%20site.&text=Modular%20homes%20are%20either%20built,or%20on%20a%20temporary%20one.

Manufactured homes are completely constructed in a factory and then transported to the home site. Once they arrive at their destinations, they are indistinguishable from site-built homes. They are not usually moved again. This allows the entire process, start to finish, to be overseen with consistency and accuracy, which cuts down on many of the delays and disruptions in traditionally built homes. They are built according to federal construction codes from Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

Modular homes are also built in factories, but are governed by local state building codes (although sometimes states will adopt the federal code). Modular homes are either built on a permanent chassis or on a temporary one. Homes built on a permanent chassis are referred to as being “on-frame” and those built on temporary ones are referred to as “off-frame.” Whether a home is built on- or off-frame will affect how the home is assembled at its destination site.

Mobile homes are any manufactured home built prior to June 15, 1976. They are now obsolete due to HUD policy changes in 1976. They have since been replaced by modern manufactured homes.

1 Like

Well, That fixes that dilemma. :+1:

I’m glad I started this thread. There is a lot of discussion about the difference between the 3 homes. This is good for future search options!

and,

Yep… … …^^^^^^^

I have been a HI for over 20 yrs and in that time I have only seen one Manufactured home with an attic space. Modulars usually only have then in a center hallway so they can make the crossover connections. Now keep in mind I live in Florida and they don’t put a very high pitch on them here 3-5/12. Most manufactured homes here are set up on piers and Modulars are set up on stems walls. Basements don’t work to well in Florida, the water table is way to high here. I’m not sure but I would guess in the snow regions they would have to pitch them differently.