Modular pipe insulation question

I just inspected a modular that had insulation on some of the copper pipes. The insulation however Was different than anything I’ve ever seen. It was gray almost like old duct tape material sealers around a brittle rust colored material. Any comments ?

Ya… got pic’s?

Jayson, we need some pics to help you.

Jim

Did you taste it?

It was tangy… I had that taste in my mouth before.

Like this;

http://www.pipelagging.com/domestic-heating-slit-pipe-insulation-grey-c-77.html

Tubolit is a high quality CFC and HCFC free silver grey flexible closed cell polyethylene pipe insulation. Particularly effective for the thermal insulation of domestic heating and plumbing pipe work for energy conservation and frost protection. Tubolit, being flexible, is easy to install. It is not fibrous and creates no dust during installation or use.
Tubolit with all other Armacell insulation products are CFC and HCFC free, each with an ODP of zero and manufactured to quality standard BS EN ISO 9001:2000 and environmental standard BS EN ISO 14001:1996.
Tubolit S is a highly efficient polyethylene pipe insulation with a durable PE-film covering. Tubolit S is specifically designed to give mechanical protection for in wall cavity pipelines, which includes resistance to building materials and has a pleasing coated finish in exposed areas.
Tubolit Quick is a pre-cut ready to use elbow which is designed to reduce installation time and costs. The patented locking system eliminates mitred corners and the need for adhesive - giving a faster and more effective result.
Application Areas
Domestic heating.
Plumbing pipework.
:slight_smile:

Marcel, all kidding aside, is there anything you do not know about construction? You are amazing!

WOW, Did you have that memorized. Now how do i post pics ???