Mold Inspection price?

Hello, I have recently been asked to do a Mold inspection at a local courthouse. The building is around 6000 sqft with a few offices and the main courtroom. I am thinking about how to price this job out and was wondering if anyone has done anything similar. I normally charge $315 avg for a residential property including the inspection and tape samples. If anyone has any input or advice I would appreciate it.

I charge per sanple, a basic home 1 exterior and 1 exterior sample, price is similar to yours, ask how many areas they want sampled

1 Like

Thanks, yea I will find out how many they would like. I am trying to give them a ballpark price before I get started. Being that is it a commercial building I think my fee should to be higher.

How would they know? I would make a recommendation and apply a price in writing. I would be specific, what type of test, how many and where.

As far as charging more because it is a commercial building? Maybe. You may incur more cost due to building size and insurance requirements. Those costs should be passed along. But, never forget your competition.

2 Likes

call me crazy, upwards of 70 samples @ $145 each, negotiable in my neck of the woods.
Clearance letter included
Remediation plan if deemed necessary included
Full blown thermal imaging and moisture inspection included

3 Likes