Mold inspector in Miami Lakes, FL needed.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Nick,

I hate to keep saying this, but they don't need a MOLD INSPECTOR, they need an inspector to find the CAUSE of the mold.

If I say anything else, this will get into another one of those long mold threads with those who do mold trying to convince everyone else that it is critical that we know what kind of mold it is instead of trying to solve the problem leading to the mold.

That is just a short drive from me, and I do inspections there, but it all depends on what she really wants.

If she has mold in the house and is not suffering allergic reactions, she needs to find the source of the moisture.

If she has mold in the house and IS suffering allergic reactions, she needs to find the source of the moisture AND see here doctor about the allergic reactions.

What she does NOT need is to know what type of mold she has, just what is causing it and what can be done to stop it.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: dplummer

Jerry, You just described what us mold samplers do on our investigations. WELCOME to the club! Doug

Originally Posted By: evandeven

Quote:
I hate to keep saying this, but they don't need a MOLD INSPECTOR, they need an inspector to find the CAUSE of the mold.

I agree!
Find the cause and get off the gravy train.

--
Eric Van De Ven
Owner/Inspector
Magnum Inspections Inc.
I get paid to be suspicious when there is nothing to be suspicious about!
www.magnuminspections.com

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

I’ll do it:

THERE IS MOLD EVERYWHERE in Miami lakes Florida.

That'll be $600.00

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I don’t really read these posts people send me and I italicize words that aren’t mine.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

Oh sure. Pay up Sucka.

Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

dplummer wrote:
Jerry, You just described what us mold samplers do on our investigations. WELCOME to the club! Doug

So, Doug, YOU DO NOT TAKE MOLD SAMPLES in any way, shape or form then?

Gee, that is quite contrary to what you've been saying.

OR, maybe, just maybe, I DID NOT describe what you mold samplers do?

Because if I DID describe it, you would NOT BE mold SAMPLERS, would you?

SO, I guess it is my turn to welcome you to the reality OF NOT taking mold samples, because you said you don't to that, or do you????

Please clear that up for me, and everyone else who is eager to find out if "mold samplers" "sample mold".

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Hi Jerry! Just because we sample for mold does not mean we don’t do a through investigation into the cause. Depending on the client, we may also obtain a sample tape and/or air. Sampling is just one more thing we have in our professional arsenal just like our hygrometer, black light, moisture probe, etc, etc. We use a variety of tools & knowledge to solve the problem & make the client comfortable. Hope that clears it up for you. Doug

Doug,

This was your response to my post.

dplummer wrote:

My follow-up post was point out that I DID NOT describe what you mold samplers do.

Thank you for confirming it.

dplummer wrote:
Hi Jerry! Just because we sample for mold does not mean we don't do a through investigation into the cause.

See? I DID NOT describe what you mold samplers do. YOU just thought you could pull a quick one over everyone by saying I did, and got caught in the act.

Now, IF YOU DO stop mold sampling, you are WELCOME to our club.

Heck, even Eric and I agree on this, and you know how seldom we agree with each other. ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Hi Jerry, This is fun! I guess I didn’t get the point you were trying to make. What it boils down to, & please correct me if I’ve misunderstood, is that even if the best investigation/inspection was done if we sample for mold as a final assurance to our client we somehow have now done a poor inspection or a disservice to our client? I wasn’t trying to pull a fast one as you suggest, I was trying to show that us mold samplers are good inspectors just as those of you who don’t sample mold. Were in the same club, you just haven’t accept it yet. ha ha. Have a great day Jerry! Doug

dplummer wrote:
What it boils down to, & please correct me if I've misunderstood,

Looks like you have.

Here is the scope.

1) I described something.

2) You said I described what you do.

3) The you said you did not do what I described.

Get it? IF not, go back and re-read 10, 2), and 3).

Quote:
is that even if the best investigation/inspection was done if we sample for mold as a final assurance to our client we somehow have now done a poor inspection

Not necessarily done a poor inspection.

Quote:
or a disservice to our client?

Yes. Maybe you are beginning to catch on?

Quote:
Were in the same club, you just haven't accept it yet.

In your dreams, maybe, but not in real life. I don't rip clients off by doing mold testing when that is not necessary.

But if you still don't get 1), 2), and 3) above, you won't even know what I'm referring to.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida