Moore's gas heater part

We have a Moore’s gas fired direct vented heater in our home which heats the entire house. It is model 1350-1, serial 174591. We need some replacement globes for it. These are A-frame and set over the gas flame. They are 9 inches tall, 4 inches thick and 2 1/2 inches wide. We would appreciate any help in locating these.

Jeanette Jenkins

That doesn’t sound familiar. Maybe it’s a MOR-FLO® water heater.

It is not a water heater. It was made by the Locke Stove Company which is no longer in business. I found a picture of it on the InterNACHI web site under bmacy dated 4/l9/10. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeanette Jenkins

I saw that picture of the heater as well, as I am trying to find out why the one in our house smells like gas at night. I think we need to have a vent checked or the ignition is getting bad. Judging by the color of our Moore’s (it is brown enameled ) and the styling of it- I’m guessing it is about the same year and make as the one in that Internachi photo by bmacy dated 4/19/10. If I find anything (I’m near Chicago) I’ll try to post here. You can email me at if you don’t hear back from me—I’m hoping I don’t lose this post.

I just got an old moore gas heater with those A frame ‘globes’.

Does anyone know what those are made of?

Thank you!

i have a moores vented gas heaters in my house …they are probably from the 50s or 60s i need replacement glass panels for the front of the heaters…they are around 6 1/4 by 7 1/2 any one know were i can get them at?

I am also looking for the glass. A company by me will make one…wait for it…for $108 for a tiny square of glass. Now I am hoping someone has an old Moore heater they want to get rid of and are selling off the parts. Meanwhile we have replaced it with pieces of sheet metal