My garage floor facelift

It was a long time ago for me, I could have the name off a little. It was like a non shrink grout with super fine sand. Went back to that place a year later for another job and the floor still looked brand new. Held up to many forklifts for all that time.

That’s bullshit!
I haven’t seen you down here for lunch in a year & a half!

1 Like

Great job, Marcel! :wink:

That looks great, Marcel! Your before shot looks like my floor. I am going to see if Silflo 220 is available here in NE Ohio. I used a product on mine a some years ago and it eventually all chipped away. I do not recall what I used but it was probably from one of the big box stores.

looks great

Joe, the product came from a Commercial Concrete products supplier. That is where you need to buy it. Big Box stores is junk and I would not trust it.
Besides Silpro, they might have Ardex which is a little pricey and Maipie. All good products. A. H. Harris is out of Boston with distributors everywhere, so check around.

What are you doing this weekend?

1 Like

Looks great!!

Does the Rust-Oleum EpoxyShield fall under the crappy products from big box stores? Coating our garage floor is on the to-do list over here too! We are planning on going for this sort of style.

1 Like

That is way too rich for me and the house I have. The is a nice epoxy floor. I had a co-worker from the past that does those floors and he told me they cost $$$$.
My house not fancy enough for that. LOL

Lol well what you did looks great and will suit your needs well I’m sure! I haven’t looked into the price yet, just saw the kits were somewhat cheap but I’m sure there is much more that goes into it. I have multiple days of garage cleanup and organizing before I can even think of moving onto coating haha

That is a system I would definitely have installed professionally, there are multiple steps to that system, and a lot more to it than meets the eye.

1 Like

But that’s no fun! I’m notorious for getting in over my head on projects and after wasting time and money, I call in the pros to bail me out. Just learned that the hard way after renting a skid steer to grade for an above ground pool on a significant slope that leveling for a 24’ pool is a lot more difficult than it seems. I did have some fun on the skid steer though!

1 Like

Hey Marcel,

You could "practice’’ your skills and come to Brossard (Montréal) and resurface my garage…LOL.

Great job and all the best!

G

1 Like

To answer your question… YES. The rust oleum stuff won’t last… Go to a Sherwin Williams and price their stuff. It is spendy but much better. BTW, the prep work is crucial…

1 Like

Thanks for the info Marcel!

Finished the floor today by painting with an epoxy paint.
No flakes per the Commander. Just paint.
Here is what I used;

So it went from this;

To this:

It was borderline on the coverage with just 1 kit and I ordered 2 and 1 gallon did it, so I am going to put another coat tomorrow.
Dries to foot traffic in 3-4 hours.

5 Likes

That looks great Marcel!

Thanks Joe and the Commander is happy that it will be easier to clean and less dirt tracked in my family room. That’s her garage. My car stays outside. LOL

1 Like

Nicely done, Marcel and Mr. Cyr.

I agree with no flakes. Nice. :+1:t2: Lets us know how it holds up to vehicle traffic.