NACHI and Alabama Building Commission

Originally Posted By: jhorton
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

(not sure if this is the right board but what the heck!) From what I read I am Impressed with NACHI. I am currently a member of another organization (who shall remain nameless).

As part of our State Licensing I have to be a member of one of several approved Professional Organizations to qualify. The group I belong to I joined because they were the cheapest one on the list. At the time that was a very big factor. Needless to say they don't do that much.

Since that time the approved list has grown and I have not checked into all the different groups. As I said I was impressed with what I see here but NACHI is not on the list

Has NACHI tried to get on the list as an approved group in Alabama? If NACHI were approved I think I would join when my other comes up for renewal.

I don't know exactly who you have to talk to but I would think the Building Commission. This is a link to their web site

--
Jeff <*\\><
The man who tells the truth doesn't have to remember what he said.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Phyllis Thomas of State of Alabama will be adding our name to her list, but we wont be officially recognized till next month. So for now we are still Pending. Until then you can write it in on the application, although in a phone conversation, Ms. Thomas could not guide us as to what AL members should do till next month. We sent her all the information she needed via overnight mail. You can call her at the Department at (334) 242-4082. It would not hurt to include a separate note with the AL application stating your membership in NACHI.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and hers.

Also, thanks for jumping ship to NACHI. You won't be sorry. Here's a preview of what you get in return: http://www.nachi.org/benefits.htm

Nick

Originally Posted By: jhorton

I passed the test after I wrote that. Was just curious and had a few minutes. That was much harder than the State Test too. I was rather proud of my score too! icon_cool.gif

Once renewal comes up I will most likely "jump ship" and join.

--
Jeff <*\\><
The man who tells the truth doesn't have to remember what he said.

I see you joined. Welcome aboard Jeff.

Nick

http://www.nachi.org/allicensing.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: gbell

Great work guys.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service