Nachi--decide about Inspection Depot

Originally Posted By: bkelly1
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Stop the Hooper/Inspection Depot Assault on NACHI Members

Does there need to be a descion about the above link. Does Nachi endorse ID or not. Leaders of this org should be on the same page,no?

Comments? Just wondering

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Ben,

From what I have read, Inspection Depot wants to be the exclusive trainer for NACHI members to obtain the CMI designation. The problem comes from Inspection Depot having some serious ties with ASHI, and a few of it's instructors being very much opposed to NACHI as a whole.

There's more to the story I'm sure, but this in it's self deserves attention by us all.

--
NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

True, very good response.

Originally Posted By: psabados

Quote:
Does there need to be a descion about the above link. Does Nachi endorse ID or not.

What would be better for Nachi members in attaining a CMI desigination, one predetermined provider or many? Wouldn't one sole provider be a monopoly? Does not competition usually have a bearing on pricing? Wouldn't you rather have an option as to who you want to get additional training from?

If you can't see some of the questionable situations then turn on the weather channel for I.D. It would seem like the wind would be blowing favorably in their direction. Now talk about getting on the GRAVY TRAIN

Paul

--
NACHI Vice President

NACHI Foundation, President

Convention Coordinator

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I would not support any single provider for education for CMI or any other area for our members. Competition brings out the best in people and companies. Let the education providers compete amongst themselves for our business, just like every other vendor.

We should not rule out Inspection Depot from being ONE of our education providers, however.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

The reality is also that we are creating yet another tier of NACHI membership, no matter how you slice it.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

jfarsetta wrote:
Scooling could be an option in a multiple pathed approach to attaining CMI.

no matter how you slice it.

Worth repeating. We don't need no education! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Joe F wrote:
Scooling could be an option in a multiple pathed approach to attaining CMI.

I strongly agree with this approach, there are many paths to greatness.

As to who is discussing this I believe it was based on a conversation between Nick (who has supported CMI for a long time) and Michael who believes he has a package that may help less experienced members achieve this designation.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

The problem is that rumour becomes fact and fact becomes truth.

Mike should step up. Mike should state that Hooper does not represent the views of Inspection Depot.

As to the CMI schooling being one of several paths leading to the designation, it's fine. There needs to be that failsafe, along with multiple providers of the education.

Curriculum should be made available in an outline format, with each education provider creating the course materials.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: jbushart

I hope we can find a clear way out of this for all parties concerned.

Home Inspection Services of Missouri

www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: jeffghooper

Jeff G. Hooper

(hooperette want a be) nachiBFD

Originally Posted By: jbushart

jeffghooper wrote:
Why?

I have already done that, numerous times.

Again,

I do not speak for Inspection Depot. I do not own Inspection Depot. I am controled by no one.

Quote:
that Hooper's position and statements regarding NACHI and its membership do not represent the views of himself or of Inspection Depot, will end the discussion.

[b]They do not![b/]

This is your myth Bushart. You perpetrated it with lies, you nurtured it with lies, you have convinced some with lies, and I seriously doubt Michael confirming my statments would cause you to "end the discussion", after all that would confirm that you fabricated this whole thing, wouldn't it?

Woops, you deleted your post that contained my quote.

I didn't know you were posting, Hooper, or I would have left it. I am encouraged that you are no longer bringing Mr. Rowan and Inspection Depot into the cesspool that you are preaching from. I hope that you will continue to refrain from further soiling the public reputation of this vendor.

I accept that you are not speaking for him - not that I would put any value into your word - but because Mr. Rowan is too good of a businessman to allow that kind of liability.

As for the organization that you do speak for, as their soon to be ex-president, your members are already disavowing themselves from you and we are encouraged by that, as well. You are no longer (if you ever were) relevant.

This will be my last post acknowledging you in any way, whatsoever. You are no longer worth the time or the effort. Instead, we will focus on what is positive about NACHI, the home inspection business in Florida, and the fine opportunites that we have to enhance and increase our services to consumers.

Have a great NACHI day.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

jbushart wrote:
jeffghooper wrote:
Why?

I have already done that, numerous times.

Again,

I do not speak for Inspection Depot. I do not own Inspection Depot. I am controled by no one.

Quote:
that Hooper's position and statements regarding NACHI and its membership do not represent the views of himself or of Inspection Depot, will end the discussion.

[b]They do not![b/]

This is your myth Bushart. You perpetrated it with lies, you nurtured it with lies, you have convinced some with lies, and I seriously doubt Michael confirming my statments would cause you to "end the discussion", after all that would confirm that you fabricated this whole thing, wouldn't it?

Woops, you deleted your post that contained my quote.

I didn't know you were posting, Hooper, or I would have left it. I am encouraged that you are no longer bringing Mr. Rowan and Inspection Depot into the cesspool that you are preaching from. I hope that you will continue to refrain from further soiling the public reputation of this vendor.

I accept that you are not speaking for him - not that I would put any value into your word - but because Mr. Rowan is too good of a businessman to allow that kind of liability.

As for the organization that you do speak for, as their soon to be ex-president, your members are already disavowing themselves from you and we are encouraged by that, as well. You are no longer (if you ever were) relevant.

This will be my last post acknowledging you in any way, whatsoever. You are no longer worth the time or the effort. Instead, we will focus on what is positive about NACHI, the home inspection business in Florida, and the fine opportunites that we have to enhance and increase our services to consumers.

Have a great NACHI day.

OCTOBERSPECT 2005 ? GONE WITH THE WIND! ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

bkelly1 wrote:
Stop the Hooper/Inspection Depot Assault on NACHI Members

Does there need to be a descion about the above link. Does Nachi endorse ID or not. Leaders of this org should be on the same page,no?

Comments? Just wondering

Don't at this time really care.

--
"I used to be disgusted, Now I try to Be amused"-Elvis Costello