NACHI logo

Originally Posted By: jremas
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Our logo is great & there are several excellent downloads, HOWEVER, I have been having trouble making them smaller for advertising. No matter what software program I use, as I make them smaller, they tend to get fuzzy and the edges are jagged. I have tried Corel, Adobe, Pagemaker, MS Publisher & my printer has tried a few programs, all with the same results. Any thoughts?? They look great big, but worse at they get smaller… One of the problems is the letters start to flow together & it is hard to read.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Originally Posted By: mhenderson

I usually copy & paste in PAINT then I touch up the lettering & fuzziness of the lines…& when you 1st paste you can adjust it to the size you want then crop the picture & save as a gif or jpg or whatever you want & you can edit it as many times as you need too…hope that helps I use PAINT all the time… try it

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

Paint is great, but it puts out low-quality images. Jeff, you have adobe Photoshop? E-mail me with exactly the size you want, and I’ll send you a high-def tiff file.

Chris Morrell

Director of Information Technology

http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://oKKdfHREJRD1tG31TwECNuL6FgZ.html)

Originally Posted By: rray

I’ve always found tiff files difficult to work with. It is not easily scalable, which is why there are three versions posted on our web site.

I use Corel Photopaint, CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop, Paint, and a few others. None of them are satisfactory as far as I'm concerned when using tiff files. I don't like them and don't use them. I've already converted the NACHI tiff to other formats.

The format I liked the best was the old WMF. It always looked nice and was scalable.

My favorite right now is the jpeg. It is scalable, small in size, and looks nice as long as someone started out with something that looked nice. Otherwise it can be a horror. It can be difficult to work with though in some programs.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Ideally I’d just let everyone use the PSD file that’s vector-based, but there aren’t many members that have photoshop. For some reason, TIFF is generally accepted as the hi-def format of choice – jpegs are nice but not ideal for something such as NACHI’s logo. GIF is almost better than JPG because of the limited color pallet and structure of the logo. If you want the PSD file, I can e-mail it to ya.

Chris Morrell

![](upload://f2LATXxMhC8WVV6Ux2smVeILyAA.html)

For some reason, TIFF is generally accepted as the hi-def format of choice.

Yeah, I know, and I sure would like to know who made it the standard. It seems to be great if you create it, print it, and never have a need to modify the creation. I find it a horrible format to try to work with. I would love to have the PSD file and look forward to you emailing it to me within the next ten minutes. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

I strenuously object to this time clock telling me that it’s 5:35 in the morning. This is discriminatory against those in other time zones.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

Russel,

The board's default time zone is where the server is located, but you can change it in your profile. Just go to "Profile" in the links in the upper right hand corner, scroll down, and change "Timezone" from "GMT - 5 Hours" to your timezone. This will change all the times and dates you see on the board.

--
Chris Morrell

![](upload://oKKdfHREJRD1tG31TwECNuL6FgZ.html)

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Russel,

Just like an insomniac, workaholic.......always complaining about the time! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

A note about our logo… An HI company named House Check has a logo pretty similar to ours…

See my new post in the members only area.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.