NACHI runs The REAL ESTATE BOOK ads in Canada & U.S.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/realestatebook.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: bbernier

Sounds promising. Can this real estate book be found in British Columbia? We definately need to work on getting NACHI noticed in this Province. CAHPI and BCIPI think that they are the only associations that are recognized in B.C. Well I have news for those guys…make room for the new kid on the block. NACHI offers 1000 X more than those two associations put together. My target goal is that by this time next year, NACHI will not only be recognized as a leader in the home inspection industry, but they will become a household name. Just watch!

Originally Posted By: dbush

Brett, yes this book is printed in BC. It is printed in every major and some minor markets in the US and Canada. There are in the vicinity of 400 books in North America, each with a circulation of 20,000. If you would like to see WHICH book covers your area, because there is one for everywhere, go to www.therealestatebook.com.

If anyone has any more questions, either post here or email me at membership@nachi.org.

Dave

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Hi Dave:

Can we, as NACHI members, advertise our company names along with NACHI in these issues? Also, how long before an issue is printed with NACHI's advertisement in it? Would Nachi be willing to help pay, or provide me with a copy of this book so that I can personally distribute them to real estate agencies in the Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland B.C. and eventually through other NACHI members, the rest of B.C.? The reason why I am making this request is that NACHI is basically either unknown or unrecognized as a home inspection association in B.C. It has become my personal goal to make NACHI a recognized leader out West in B.C. by promoting any supporting literature, item of interest or news articles to the real estate industry. Contrary to what you might think, I have 15 agencies rethinking their values about who they feel represents their client's best interests. It took a lot of boxes of donuts to get NACHI into their vocabulary, but now the name is there, they are starting to talk about it. It won't be long before NACHI rises to the top of their list. You can spend millions of dollars marketing a lemon and disguising it as an orange, and the majority of consumers will take it at face value. But start conducting a taste test and people quickly realize that the competition isn't as sweet as they make themselves out to be. That is the problem we are facinig in B.C. right now. We have two associations, CAHPI and BCIPI, that have marketed their lemon within the real estate industry attatching their names to CMHC and ASTTBC and establishing themselves as an authority in the inspection industry. Now don't get me wrong. Both of these associations are professionals within their fields and combined they represent B.C. in the home inspection industry. Both associations have labelled NACHI as an unprofessional newbie and by doing so created a false impression to the real estate industry that their own associations are the fruit of choice. Unfortunately, unless the real estate industry is given the opportunity to take a taste test, they are going to continue to be mislead. When members within these two associations are given the opportunity to take a taste test NACHI will come out on top as the "ORANGE". The benefits provided not only to NACHI members, but their prospective clients, is the precise definition of the word "SWEET". Let CAHPI and BCIPI's supporters compare the benefits their associations provide with the benefits and service that NACHI provides, and let's see who is left with a sour taste in their mouth.

Originally Posted By: lwilliams

Patience Brett, through methodical and precise planning your (all of our) goals will be realized. We will have a larger impact on the audience we seek by leading as an example than by forcing ourselves upon them.

Dave, excellent job! Now it is up to the individual inspector to do his/her part to develop a strong reputation through their actions. ![icon_twisted.gif](upload://xjO326gspdTNE5QS3UTl0a0Rtvy.gif)

Hi Lisa:

I appreciate your feedback and from past postings you have a lot of input to offer your fellow NACHI bretheren. Before I wrote that little piece I had the opportunity of talking with other frustrated NACHI members as well as a wide assortment of real estate agencies. I realize the value of patience as well as the appearance of leading by example.... but alot of us here in western B.C. are finding it very difficult to contract work in a CAHPI and BCIPI dominated industry. Although great campaigns were fought by careful planning and led by example, the bottom line was that they never took flight until somebody made the decision to get the machine in the air.

I hear so much grumbling within the ranks about CAHPI this, and BCIPI that and have decided to do something about it personally. I do not expect everyone to agree with my methods of attack, but I do rally the support from every Canadian NACHI member who wants to see change. Visualizing change is only the first step to obtaining a common goal. Without the desire (motivation) to see it through, visualizing anything becomes a fantasy. Desire is the force that propels you towards a goal. Desire is strictly personal. It must be something that you want for yourself. You can never desire anything for anyone else, Lisa, because as insperational as that may seem, the only one motivated is you. You have to believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have the ability to achieve your goal before you can expect someone else to believe.

My goal is believable. Why? Because it is realistic! My goal is specific to the home inspection industry. I've set a date to accomplish this goal because if I don't make a point to put it in writing, nobody will ever know if we are close to accomplishing it. I am leading by example. I am doing something about the problem, not becoming a part of it. And from where I stand, I do not have the luxury of time. I have a family to provide for and a business to establish. I am not forcing my opinion on anyone in particular. I am only providing a catalyst in which to promote change. Change the way people think about things by removing their blinders. Give them something to talk about. If they are talking about you, then they are obviously thinking about you. Their strategy is to discredit NACHI. We lead by example, do we not? Well we can lead by example all we want, but if no one is following, who are we showing the example to?

The common goal we need to share is to get NACHI noticed. Get realtors and members of other associations talking about us. I am not slandering those associations like they have done to us in the past. Quite the contrary. I acknowledge their professionalism and credit them for trying to organize B.C.'s home inspection industry. But I do not acknowledge an association who tries to take control of an industry by propoganda. That is politics in its purest form. To solve a problem, one must become part of the solution. All I am trying to do is to help NACHI become part of the solution. And if CAHPI and BCIPI see NACHI as a threat to their organizations then they are subconciously a part of the problem. As I said before....we can sit back and wait patiently for our goals to be realized....or we can do something now and watch "OUR" common goal take flight. I encourage ALL Canadian NACHI members to fly with me by making the decision to provide NACHI with a conduit in order to promote its existence in all provinces. Lets be part of the solution and work together in achieving this goal.

Regards,
Brett

We are on the same team Brett, I am also a western BC member and agree with you whole heartedly. I am just saying we want staying power as quickly as possible but not in haste. I live in the very center of the cahpi stronghold (Okanagan), we (my husband and I) have had to find work outside of the industry to put food on our table because of that stronghold. My focus is the same as yours and I stay active here to work towards improving the work environment before we actively work the industry.

what’s with the ‘fruit’ analogy? Have you been looking at my website? icon_biggrin.gif

Missed your website first time around but I see the conflict of interest. Sorry for stealing your thunder. eusa_liar.gif You are a wonderful spokesperson and I do appreciate your advice and experience. I guess I am a little impatient when it comes to beating my head against the wall but my intentions are genuine. Looking forward to meeting you and your husband at our meeting in October.

Regards,
Brett

aiwebs_011.gif

Originally Posted By: dbush

Brett, at least for the first couple of runs for this book, there are no plans to add any companies specifically, it will be advertising the inspectorseek.com site in Canada and findaninspector.us in the US. To get the good rates I got for a National ad, the plan is to run one ad for all of Canada and one ad for all of US.

This ad and The Real Estate Book are directed and geared toward buyers, not realtors. The realtors are the ones that advertise in the book and keep it at their office anyway, that is where I always get my copy.

Dave

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"