NACHI ads in Real Estate folders across N. America.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/realestatefolders3.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: ktrice

Nick will Nachi help with the cost of these ads in the real estate brochures?

Thanks

--
Ken Trice "MAB-MEMBER"
918-855-4484
NACHI Oklahoma Chapter President
www.tricehomeinspections.com
www.superteesembroidery.safeshopper.com

Originally Posted By: dhadler

Nick:

I just placed an ad in one of our bigger real estate folders just like the ones pictured. It’s a little pricey for me but I felt I had to have my name in there. They have about 70 Realtors in that office. Would Nachi be interested in taking an ad in there as well? If so, let me know and I’ll forward your email address to the person in charge to give you prices and the run size.

Thanks, Darrell

--
Darrell Hadler
Five Star Home Inspections
Medicine Hat, Alberta CANADA

Originally Posted By: dedwards

I have turned down several offers to be featured in these Real Estate folder or binders because I felt it had the appearances of being in the pocket of the Realtors. I know for a fact I am not and I would have to pay for the “honor” or being in the folders. I turned down such an offer just today. Does this pose as a conflict of interest? I am not sure. It just doesn’t feel right for me. During one particular presentation I asked the question as to when the homebuyer actually “received” this folder and was told they got it at closing. Fat lot of good that does me. That is too late in the entire process. Ask a lot of questions before you leap. Good Luck

I was told these folders are given out right at the start when the realtor gives them different listing sheets and papers on the homes they want to view. I’ll hope that is true. I know a few of the realtors personally so I will try and find if it’s so.

My first impression was similar to yours, in that I felt a little uncomfortable about being in the realtors pocket as you say, But I concluded it's just another place for advertising and my competition will be there so I must be there too. Besides I felt my ad was going directly to my designated customers that will need a home inspection! Unlike other broad forms of advertising that hit 90% of people that you are not targeting?

--
Darrell Hadler

Darrell,

I did some serious thinking on it before I turned it down the first time. I hope it works out for you. I agree with your comment on the price tag. I thought it was very high and wasn’t willing to drop that kind of dough on something unproven. I got burned a couple of times early in my inspection career. The plastic phone book covers springs to mind. If I had thought about that for about 2 seconds I would have seen the folly in it. Plus I get about 10 calls a week from folks trying to get their hands into my pockets for some thing or other. Charities I never heard of suddenly are my old buddies. You have to stay on your toes. Like I said I hope this works out for you. Let us know how it goes.

Doug;

W’ell keep you posted on my results. I’m pretty much a tight a$$ when it comes to advertising but I think targeting your advertising like this or by Nicks suggestion with the personalized gel mousepads is the way to go.

I’m seriously contemplating spending the $ and hit every realtor in our city with my own mousepad. That’s about 160 in our small city, which will run about 1600.00 clams, but if I understand the promotion correctly NACHI will reimburse you 50%. That’s a great deal icon_exclaim.gif icon_exclaim.gif and your name and number is on every realtors desk. They can’t miss it.

Time will Tell

--
Darrell Hadler

Darrell,

The mousepads are great. I won 250 of them last year. Customized with my company logo and the NACHI logo along with phone # etc. When I run out I plan to buy more. That is a great tool and everyone wants one. If you get some make sure you get plenty of the Blue ones. The women realtors and receptionists all want the blue ones.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: dverge

Nick; I think its terrific that NACHI is advertising in the realty office folders. I thing it will be good for the industry and good for us who are seeking recognition at the realtor level.

I have a business AD appearing in only three realty office folders. In my area and within 45 minute drive there are 210 realty offices. If I were to advertise in them all at 600. each it would cost me 126,000 befor taxes. It was difficult to choose the offices I did go with.

Was the expense effective??? I haven’t had a client admit to having seen the AD or be given a folder . Maybe with the NACHI AD appearing my own AD might pay off. I can only hope

David Verge