Nachi TV

Last night, at the Chicagoland Chapter meeting, I taught the Introduction to Building Science course, which is part 2 of the 4 part Thermal Imaging Certification course (along with Kenton’s Green Building course and the water intrusion course). John McKenna also teaches this series (a little different from mine, but covering the same material). The costs were $60 for Chapter members, $70 for NACHI members who are not Chapter Members and $85 for non-NACHI members. Dinner (pizza and pop) was included. It was also good for Illinois state CE. I was not paid to teach or produce the course. The Chapter paid for the state course license (CE courses in Illinois have to be approved and licensed by the state). I paid the Chapter $60, as well, because the instructor also gets CE credit.

This is still well below the least expensive “vendor” CE prices.

Besides, expenses (licensing fees, state CE processing, the room, the handout materials, printing the test, food) have to be paid.

BTW: Many of the class participants “commented” that the test was “too hard”. In my opinion, the test should be hard. CE classes are meant to stretch your mind and get you to learn! People who are used to the “vendor” courses, at least around here, are used to easy tests (and easy classes). But, in my opinion, that is not the NACHI way. NACHI, if anything, should be known for challanging education.

NACHI TV is a great resource for this, especially for rural areas where inspectors cannot always get together for “in-person” classes.

Educate (yourself, and your client), learn, serve, and have fun doing it.

That’s my opinion.

Hey Will I still have your PP you sent me a few years back, I’m dusting it of and headed for level 1 this winter, It is a great study guide. I took it to Staples and had it printed and then put it in three ring binder.
Thanks Again. you can’t beat NACHI for education

You have his WHAT?

Let me know and I will send you the others. They are pretty big, though, so I hope you have the capacity to recieve them.

Hey Peter,
I’m doing the ITC Level I in K.C. this week and found the Infraspection Level I Reference Manual to be a good study guide. Also good reading is Common Sense Approach to Thermal Imaging

That would be great, should have room.

Thanks Will

Thanks Linus I appreciate it. Let me know how it goes and if you can recommend any tips for me.

I think I’m going to ITC in Boston, almost a two hour drive for me with traffic which sucks because by the time I get home it’ll be to late to study. Unless I stock up on 5 hour energy drinks :smiley:

I was also thinking of going to Snells training in Vermont and staying up there which would allow me time to study but would have to get a room.

I went to Snell. Good course.

I’m going out east for Level II early next year.

Let me know when you do, we’ll get together.

InterNACHI members get the best prices for InterNACHI and NACHI.TV courses, Russell. What’re you talking about?

I subscribed for the Home Inspection TV stuff… it’s cool and good education.