Natural Gas Vent???

Doing an inspection this morning and noticed a gray pipe sticking out of the exterior wall. Hmmm, let us take a picture of that. Inside at the gas meter I notice this apparatus attached to the gas pipe before the meter. Is this a vent system of some kind?

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Josh

The gas regulator (the item next to the meter in your photo) has a vent to equalize the gas pressure.


Thanks Dom!