Neutral and ground double lug

You are side stepping the subject … Which tells me you know nothing about it.

Your opinion just confuses many trying to learn, Michael. :thinking:

1 Like

Not my opinion. Facts. There is no danger in the OP.

No one here can prove the above installation to be unsafe. That’s the opinion!

In court I would win you would lose.

PERFECTLY SAFE

Violation of the code does not = safety hazard

This guy needs to be barred for providing misleading information.

Can you prove the OP unsafe?

Why were the codes enacted in the first place?..Safety!

Codes are reactive. Nothing wrong with you explaining things to a client but don’t say things that you can’t prove

To give @mparks2 some more rope.

As an inspector I will consider this a deficiency due to the possibility of arcing by overloading the neutral current and recommend further evaluation with a licensed electrician (guessing Ohio requires an electrician needed license if not certified then).

Nonetheless, the liability has been passed on and it will be up to the client to use against the disclosure or he could also live with such risk.

1 Like

I can prove this subject .

I didn’t say anything about danger. I said it confuses many trying to learn, Michael.

And, home inspectors are taught, and rightly so, that each grounded conductor needs its own lug.

And that is all I have to say about that. ( Kudos to Forest Gump!). :smile:

3 Likes

No license required to perform electrical work for 1,2,3 family in Ohio, yet.

Try this.

I am selling my home in Ohio. You inspect it and tell your clients that my electrical system is unsafe (use OP panel) and your client backs out of the contract.

I can sue your client for specific performance. And I’ll win. Now your clients sue you! You will lose. In Ohio you are screwed, you violated both RC 4764 and RC 3783.

Do as you please.

Where is my ignore button…

Larry that’s not 100% true. It has been true for a while. New inspectors need to know the exceptions

You don’t have the credentials to tell anyone anything.

Really? I’m the only licensed Home Inspector in Ohio certified to inspect a home for code compliance.

Well, Michael, can you please educate us on the exceptions for learning purposes then, please? :smile:

Wait, it is not illegal to perform electrical work, but it IS illegal to remove the dead front if you are not licensed? Where the heck is the sense in that?? Ohio laws sound as ridiculous as you!
How, then, is someone supposed to do electrical work, if they can’t remove the cover in the first place?

Or we don’t report the issue, someone is hurt or killed, we get sued anyways for non reporting!
Or, someone else comes in and says the inspector missed something, we get sued… I guess we lose either way.

1 Like

Daniel !
How have you been doing? Haven’t heard from you in a while. @dhorton2

PS: Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain… :grin: