New Canadian Inspectors .

I am surprised at the emails I have received in the last couple of weeks from people who wish to get into the inspection Industry.
I talked to two new want to be inspectors Sunday and one lady on Friday who had got my information of this BB.
They really wanted to get started and are so surprised at how poorly they have been treated by OAHI.
They seemed very knowledgable and defiantly enthusiastic.
They tried Phoning OAHI and where disappointed in the calls .
Two have bought the package for $25;00 plus tax and where not impressed.
They want to know where they can become trained and what the time element is and how expensive it is .
I have communicated at least with 8 this year all because they see how I have tried to help all .
One was an engineer one was a mill wright who had lots of experience in various fields .
His company is giving him a buy out as they are closing .
I expect none of the eight I talked to will ever go to OAHI or CAPHI.
NACHI will more then likely be their choice.
I have sold at least 4 courses for Carson Dunlop recently and sent three to various colleges. Zero for OAHI.

The more I hear,
the more I see!
NACHI is the one for me !
Roy Cooke R.H.I. Royshomeinspection.com
A HAPPY NACHI MEMBER,… More find this out ever day!

I currently have a Home Inspection Training system that incorporates both the formal education as well as the practical, all at a very good price.
The course is “Carson Dunlop’s Principles of Home Inspection”.
You won’t believe the price, and I personally train the inspectors.

Hi Tyrone

Just out of interest are you doing the training in conjunction with CD or just using their materials?

Thanks.

Hi Roy
For your information there is going to be a Home Inspector training school established in Kingston later this spring ( I think) It will include classroom training as well as “field work”.

This will be an INTER-N.A.C.H.I. approved school and course of course!
George

Kingston Pen? :wink:

“Women’s”:shock: :shock: -X

Actually a second “independent” one will be opening in that area also. It will be offering a variety of courses for home inspection, building code and building maintenance apprenticeships.

So strange how so many feel they can make a living at this industry .
I have been told and it looks that way to me that 90% are gone before three years.
Even a large majority that have been in inspection for many years do not rely on it for full employment.
Those in the power should tell those who are contemplating being a home inspector how few succeed.
Even the directors of various Canadian organizations many of them are home inspectors second and make a large % at some thing else.
I would think that the Home Inspection leaders would tell the want to be inspectors how hard it is to succeed in this industry.
This open to all Bulletin Board is the greatest BB in that so many can learn about many things in the inspection industry.
I think that Kingston as an example has more Inspectors trying to make a living then is possible.

The more I hear,
the more I see!

Just materials and practical. And I will Guarantee, the price will be difficult to beat!!!

Its one thing to be able to do an inspection, its a completely different thing to be able to operate a successful business, and thats what I do, I also help those interested in the business, to market their business as well.

I agree this is just one more part of the business.
But that still does not change the eventual end .
There are only so many homes sold and having more inspectors who do not make a living is the eventuality of training more home inspectors .
Those who wish to get into the business should be told the truth .
I have been to too many Meetings in Toronto and seen the sales manship of how great this industry is and how much money can be made.
Very few inspectors make a good living at home inspections .
Many more make a good part of their living trying to get more in to take their classes and turning out well educated people who eventually give up .
I have seen many over the years .
Many dollars have been removed from people who do not succeed because there are so many trying to make a dollar.
This continually leads to low prices for those who are trying to get established .
The realestate sales people just love it when they can recommend the New HI because he might not
(A) have the experience to see every thing they should and
(B) tries to please the agent so they can get more work.
This has led to a over supply of HIs and also many of the law suits are to the newer untrained inspector.
The more I hear,
the more I see!

The cream rises to the top!

as A side note see what is comming for NACHI.
http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?p=39174#post39174

Fortunately for you and me we do well but I feel sorry for those who spend so much and they can not make a proper living .
They get desperate ( who can Blame them ) for work and lower their fees and then they starve quicker.
At least if they had of been told the truth it would be from their own making .

The more I hear,
the more I see!

I am beginning to see a trend here. The real money in the Home Inspection business is not conducting home inspections. The real money is in creating associations,training seminars, teaching courses, creating inspection reports, creating software, selling equipment, etc.etc. .
Roy’s School of Home Inspection Tools, Software, Reports,Training and Certification coming to a town near you soon.

Great you catch on fast. Love to sign up but I am on the down hill run.
Also been there saw the action Bought the T shirt and came home .
Roy sr is passing the baton over to Roy R.

Glad Nick is on our side .

The more I hear,
the more I see!

Roy and Roy,

Can’t argue with the logic. I happen to believe its the truth. And yes the money is in selling products and services to home inspectors. But, even that avenue is fast becoming saturated.

Roy don’t give up now. I will have special pricing for seniors.

T-shirt! Thank’s Roy
I forgot to include a full line of inspector clothing, shoes and accessories.
However these will only be available to inspectors who have conducted 250 or more inspections and have had their reports verified.:stuck_out_tongue:

Last year John Bowman already verified our reports
Char and Roy Cooke are Full Nachi Verified Members .

The Name Tags with our picture and Code Bar on the Back cost nothing.

The more I hear,
the more I see!

Roy, How much did it cost to have your reports Verified by NACHI?