New Florida Chapter - South East

Originally Posted By: hgordon
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

In an effort to kick things off with a bang, we will be having our First Chapter Meeting combined with a 1 day conference in either late may or early June.

Please RSVP by replying to this post. Or by emailing Harvey Gordon the SE FLA CHAPTER President at SEFLA_NACHI@StepByStepHI.com

Attention!

Volunteers needed!

Additional Chapter Officers needed!

(ON A SATURDAY…BRING YOUR SPOUSES…LETS HAVE FUN!!)

Nothing is concrete yet, but here is what we are planning so far:

The future of Home Inspectors in Florida
Discussion of upcoming legislation and regulation. - (Speaker to be announced)

Avoiding Litigation

Communicating the Inspection - Lorne Steiner, Porter Valley Software, Inc (CONFIRMED)
    The Pre-Inspection Agreement - Real Estate Attorney Adam Oullette (CONFIRMED)

Profits in Home Inspections - Nick Gromicko, Director of NACHI (CONFIRMED)
    Marketing your home inspection service to real estate agents
    Raising your prices when your competition charges less
    Converting every call into a scheduled inspection

Sea Wall Inspections
Getting wet or staying dry. - (Speaker to be announced)

Applying New Construction Info to Resales
- Jeff Hooper, President of FABI - (Confirmation Pending)

Healthy Home Inspections
How to avoid injury while inspecting - Dr. Peter Marciante (CONFIRMED)

PRIZES:

Inspection Depot - Ten Volume Set on Presentations and Training Seminars ($1000 value) (NOT CONFIRMED)
    Tool Experts - Raytek MiniTemp ($80 value) (NOT CONFIRMED)
    AHIT - The Home Maintenance Manual - Set of 25 ($100 value) (NOT CONFIRMED)
    Porter Valley Software, Inc.- Prize to be announced (CONFIRMED)
    Back In Line Chiropractic Clinic - Deep Therapy Message ($100 Value) (CONFIRMED)
    Office Depot - $100 Gift Card ($100 value) (NOT CONFIRMED)
    Home Depot - Assorted Tools ($100 value) (NOT CONFIRMED)
    Dan Jones - Free Signed copy of the Home Inspection Success Book and Video (NOT CONFIRMED)

Estimated cost per person, includes dinner, ONLY $25

Open to ALL home inspectors, wether you are a member or not!
We welcome NAHI, FABI, ASHI, and all other associations!

Please RSVP by replying to this post. Or by emailing the SE FLA CHAPTER President at SEFLA_NACHI@StepByStepHI.com
Attention!
Volunteers needed!
Additional Chapter Officers needed!

Originally Posted By: jmertins

Harvey,

Can we expand that to include me in Melbourne? It would be worth the drive for me. Let me know.

John

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Harvey,

Instead of trying to start a new group down here, why not just attend a monthly meeting by group of inspectors down here who have been meeting for about 15" years?

You are welcome to attend.

Nick is welcome to come on down too.

There is a vast knowledge base among this inspectors group. Come on in and join the exchange of knowledge and learning. Why wait until June?

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Jerry, I’ve already been to your meeting! And it is not a NACHI Chapter and I am a NACHI Member.

Besides, I am not sure what is left of your Gulfstream Group...seems to me like a mass exodus is happening!

Sorry, but I am NACHI...I would hope that you would be also...are you not?

Sure John…and Nick is OK with it so…spread the word to the other inspectors up there…see ya at the Meeting!

Harvey Gordon
NACHI - SE FLA Chapter President

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

hgordon wrote:
Besides, I am not sure what is left of your Gulfstream Group...seems to me like a mass exodus is happening!

All of us are there. Just changing our name and removing the ASHI affiliation. Nothing wrong there, is there?

You are a NACHI member, hey, so am I ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif) . Come join us and then there will be TWO NACHI members at those meetings. Before you know it there might be 3, then 4, then ...

Either way, though, the new chapter (when we make the change) will be free to form relationships with any association the groups members want to. With ASHI, we were stuck.

Come on down and join in on the learning.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Follow up on the invitation to attend our existing inspectors meeting.

I received a few e-mails about attending the meeting, asking 'what, when, where'.

Name:
(formerly) FABI-SE Chapter
(currently) Gulfstream ASHI Chapter
(next ???) will need to be decided

When:
Second Tuesday of each month.

Where:
Marriott North, Ft. Lauderdale. The Marriott North is located on the west side of I-95 and can be seen from I-95 when coming from the north and the south (next to the new Alpine Jaguar building). Get off at the Cypress Creek Road exit and go west to Andrews Avenue, then right on Andrews Ave. for about a 1/2 mile or so (look for Marriott sign, it is easy to miss).

Time:
We usually start to arrive around 6 pm or so outside the room, then about 7 pm in the room when it is ready. Talking with other inspectors before, during, and after dinner, with educational speakers. The meetings are typically over by 9 pm. If you attend the April meeting, you may see us emerge as a newly re-formed group with a new name.

Cost:
I think it is around $30, includes dinner.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: evandeven

If it is in June, I’ll be there. The last two weks of May are my vacation in the Keys and this year is “special”. I can’t say why until I get back!

Eric Van De Ven

Owner/Inspector

Magnum Inspections Inc.

I get paid to be suspicious when there is nothing to be suspicious about!

www.magnuminspections.com

Originally Posted By: dbush

Jerry, Harvey was asked to wait until June to get it set up so that we could advertise it and give the home inspectors who wish to attend time to plan. We did not want to spring it on them and say okay there is a meeting next week. Since we invite ALL home inspectors in an area, I’m sure some will like to visit our site and do some research about us before they show up, that is what historically happens.

I'm sure Harvey and the other members in the area appreciate your invitation to the monthly meeting that you already hold, but there has been a marked interest in setting up a chapter in South Florida and since, from what I understand, there are roughly 800 inspectors in that area, and 40 presently attending the meeting you hold monthly, that means there are 750 - 760 that could potentially be looking for a organizational home.

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Good job Harvey, I may even fly down to Florida from Michigan to your chapter meeting. Sounds like a NACHI chapter is what that area needs. icon_lol.gif

NACHI MAB!

dbush wrote:
that means there are 750 - 760 that could potentially be looking for a organizational home.

Or just not interested in attending meetings.

That is what we've found.

Good luck on the meeting, I just feel it is better for the industry to work together, not try to create as many separate divisive avenues as we can.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida