New Jersey Radon Renewal

Anyone familiar with New Jersey Radon Measurement Technician renewal process. I know I have to renew by 10/3/22. I also need to complete 4 continuing education credits. Does InterNACHI offer the 4 continuing education credits for New Jersey?

Philip,
I believe you have to renew by 10/3/2022, but you do not need the CEU’s at that time.

2 Likes

@pgiannino I also believe this is true…although there is a lot of reading material the state has been sending out on this and I am getting my lines crossed lol. It seems as though we can complete the application and mail the check - and that’s it. The DEP requires 8 training hours for anything other than single family residence tests. That being said, if we don’t need any formal training to be compliant, I definitely have to get up-to-speed on the new regulations. Duplicates 100% of the time maybe? @pnetti did you get any clarification on this and/or submit your application?

MET FAQ - New Regs.pdf (206.0 KB)

1 Like

Hello,
There is going to be a meeting soon at NJNACHI to clarify the new regs.

1 Like

Went to the NJ-ALPHI “new regs” meeting two weeks ago. Left more confused than when I got there.

2 Likes

I’m just surprised they went from duplicates 10% of the time…to 100% of the time. But I’m only six months into radon certification though, so I don’t know if the trend/dialogue has been moving this way for a while now. Or why exactly, for that matter.