Originally Posted By: gbeaumont
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
has had home inspector licensing in place since 1996. under North Carolina general statute Chapter 143, article 9F
The following is a link to the above statute:
The following is a link to the administrative code:
The following is a link to the office of the state fire marshal:
The following is a link to the application form:
The following is a link to the North Carolina Home inspector licensing board (NCHILB)
Overview for associate home inspectors:
1) Must apply with notarized license holders statement of intent to train.
2) be of good moral character.
3) Supply references.
Overview for existing inspectors: in addition to the above
1) must have completed 100 inspections supervised by a license holder. or:
2) Provided proof of Equivalent experience (trade or reciprocity)
3) Must pass a state administered examination
4) Must post proof of assets over $5,000 (or bond)