Notice to Draw Inspectors... DDN has left the building.

I did a final draw inspection (for another draw company) yesterday on a home that had its previous draws done by a DDN inspector. (I confirmed it with the homeowner) The banks will just go to one of the other draw companies to fulfill their needs. Sorry Frank.:(:(:stuck_out_tongue:

Monday morning I was heading to a DDN inspection in DC when NLI called to break the news about DDN. I decided to do the inspection anyway. On Tuesday I received the same inspection from NLI and uploaded the report with them. I called a number of my recent inspection clients to make sure that their work had been processed and everyone got their draws. When I explained the situation most were impressed that I took the time to check with them and passed on to the banks their appreciation of my services.
Dick

Franky,

You seem to having some trouble reading.
Mikey, I my first “reading comprehension skills test” was taken in elementary school. I scored 100%. I have scored 100% each and every time since then. So… I beg to differ!

I think your concept is great and that is not what I was I was asking you to prove.

My idea of “cutting out the middleman” is really not my idea.

• It is basic “marketing” 101, and it is as old as time itself!
  • You should try it sometime.

You will find that you get paid “a lot more money” for performing the same service without someone standing between you and the actual client with their hand out!

Your personal experience and feelings do not equate to “MOST”.
Let me see if I can get this straight…

The 2-3 inspectors that I personally knew who did inspections for DDN quit because of; slow payment, having to travel too far {over 100 miles} for too little {$35} and reaching inspection sites that they did not have physical access to.

• The MAJORITY of the inspectors that I know market themselves directly to the lending institutions, construction companies and architectural firms that need “phase inspections”.

{The engineering firms in New Hampshire conduct their own “draw/phase inspections”.}

So…… if two or three inspectors used to get there “draw inspections” from companies like DDN and over 100 inspectors that I personally know get their requests for “draw/phase inspections” directly from the banks, construction companies and/or architectural firms I would say that that would equate to "MOST”!

• And yes Mike “my personal experience” does count!
  • If everyone I know is doing a specific thing and taking a specific action then why would I not include it in my findings/results!

By the way, two or three of our members have laughingly asked me "What does Mike want? A detailed copy of our income tax return or would he like detailed copy of our business records to show that we are not doing business with DDN? ”:roll:

[FONT=Arial]By the way Mikey…… Merry Christmas! :p[/FONT]

Merry Christmas Franky

Merry Christmas Mikey!:razz:

The wife is calling me downstairs to have" Christmas Dinner" so bye for now!:wink:

Did you upload the same report or use the same pictures and information. I would think even though DDN is out/going out of business that you are contractrually bound not to use the same information for another company.

The company that owes me 2,300 and went out of business does own the pictures but guess what, they look almost exactly like the pictures I sent to the bank. And as much as I tried I could not get the inspection out of my brain. When I read the new report request the completion %'s kept coming back.
The report was never submitted to DDN as they had gone under before I left my home. If the company is gone do I still owe them what they can’t pay for?
I know that we are all playing Devil’s advocate and I understand that we all are trying to make sense of this situation.

Dick

This is a good time to “turn lemons into lemonade”!

I would suggest that you contact the builder and see if he was paid for the “Draw Inspection” that you conducted.

Inform him that DDN is now out of business and that you are aware that HE / The BUILDER has a timetable and has to be paid as the project is completed!

Tell him and ALL other clients that you inspected that you will be happy to “finish the project” but…… that they have to instruct the Bank to pay YOU directly!

• For “Draw Inspections” The MAJORITY of inspectors that I know deal directly with the Construction Loan Officers of the local banks.

You might be surprised to learn that the local banks are more than happy to deal with a Qualified LOCAL inspection company!

Good Luck! :razz:

In my case the builder put me in touch with the bank. If that helps anyone, the problum is that the banks have paid DDN so they will not assume DDN’s resposability to pay us.

HERE IS SOME GREAT INFORMATION FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO EARN MORE MONEY FOR “DRAW INSPECTIONS”

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f2/draw-inspections-46351/

Quote Dale Duffy:
I have never worked for DDN, or any other Draw Inspection Company, but I have and do work for:

***** Bank
****** Bancorp *******
****** Hills Bank
**** ** Arizona
******* Bank
******** * ***** (& Bank)
********* Bank
***** ***** Community Bank
********* Community Bank
****** ****** & **** (Now US Bank)
*********** (Now Bank of America)
***** Bank

(*) Edited for my Arizona competition.

These banks pay between $200-$300.00 per draw…some are affiliated throughout the US as you would probably guess and every Bank has also worked with just about every Draw Company there is…they will allow Small Companies perform Draw Inspections if your inspection reports are less than what companies like DDN charged, which I know for a fact was usually $250.00-$300.00 per draw.

So lets assume I charge less than $250.00 (which I do) but only an amount less than $250 that would buy a No.4 at Burger King.

All it takes is have a “Sample Report”, Insurance, and speak to the loan officer in charge, dress like your a businessman, not an inspector, and sell your service, it’s very easy.

I use HomeGauge, so the Bank has a user name and password to login just like a client to view the reports, all stored at the same location and in the order the inspections were performed, but they have the option to search for what report they may need to view by using HomeGauges search tools where the reports are stored. Probably the same as Dom’s Homeinspector Pro system or Fetch Report upload systems, but I have never tried others so I don’t know for sure.

So if you want to do draw inspections, talk to banks, not draw companies, and get paid well for simple work.

Dale Duffy

Inspect Arizona Companies, Inc.
End Quote:

The MAJORITY of the inspectors that I know do the same!

We do not deal with "Middle-Men / Draw Companys! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got 3 draws and a commercial scheduled for today.

Quote Dale Duffy:
So if you want to do draw inspections, talk to banks, not draw companies, and get paid well for simple work.
End Quote:

I hope that you are not giving 75%-150% of the pay to the “Draw Company”

PS:
Good luck & Happy New Year!:razz: