NRPP radon test help

I agree with Matt Auger, study up on the chemistry, EPA radon guide stuff, and QA testing criteria for ALL devices. Good luck.

Mark

Took the exam and passed last week. Thanks so much to everyone who posted in this topic – you were spot on with recommendations. 75/100, need 70+ to pass. Squeaked by, but it’s good enough.

To anyone looking for more info about the exam, here’s what I can share. You DO get all necessary formulas provided, but know the definitions of a Curie and how to translate that to different time periods.

There are a number of questions on the health impacts that have to do with very specific numbers – my practical recommendation is to write those off and focus on other things you’re more likely to remember. Be sure to know every. single. type. of radon testing device, how it operates, what exactly it measures, and if it has any significant sensitivities or advantages.

And all of the other advice given about test content in this thread and a few others was pretty spot on. I wish I could be more specific, but there’s a big non-disclosure agreement before the exam. I will say that much of the content appeared to be superfluous to the knowledge you’ll need on a day-to-day basis.

While it is true that the InterNACHI course contains all of the info you need to pass (it’s the only course I took), the quizzes and final exam are in no way whatsoever reflective of the NRPP exam. Don’t get cocky.

Realize this question was posted almost a year ago, but was there any math involved in the NRPP test? Probably my worst area.

Just took the NRPP test, passed the first time but not by a huge margin! Only took the NACHI course, but did a bunch of online stuff like some flash cards an a few other sites that had good info. There’s only a couple math questions, and the formulas are provided. There was more on the EPA guidelines than I realized. And the physics questions were pretty rudimentary.

Here’s a breakdown of the questions (I don’t know if they’re all the same, YMMV):

Section - Questions

Physics - 14

Health-Effects - 10

Radon Entry - 10

Conducting Measurements - 16

Interpret Non Real Estate - 6

Interpret Real Estate - 6

QA/QC - 11

Passive Devices - 13

Active Devices - 5

Basic Mitigation Approach - 6

Radon in Water - 1