Radon measurement

I passed the interNACHI course and am preparing to take the examination for NRRP’s Residential Radon Measurement Provider certification here in Ohio.
I would appreciate some information from those who’ve taken this exam as to the material which is on it.

It seems as if there’s a considerable amount of material on all the different types of testing. Do I really need to know about each one?

The formulae are dizzying. I understand the control charts, but how much of the others do I really need to study.

Since I’m operating as a sole proprietor, I will probably only get one device. The Sun Nuclear 1027 was recommended. Is it a good deal? If so, and I get it, I assume I will learn all the operational protocols from the manufacturer. Therefore, should I waste a lot of time trying to learn the protocols for the other devices just to pass the exam?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I take the exam on this Monday.

Gil,

The Internachi course will help you, but I would hold off taking the test.
The test is detailed.

I would further suggest taking a classroom setting.
Check into this:
#1 Radon Tester, LLC 122 W. 5th Ave. Derry, PA 15627 Phone 724-774-4535 Fax 724-739-5248 numberoneradontester@comcast.net - #1 Radon Tester, LLC](http://www.numberoneradontesterllc.com/)

When I took the test two years ago, the INACHI class gave me good direction. But this classroom setting pulled it all together for me.

Just an opinion.

Bill,

Thanks for the advice. I am trying to schedule the class you recommended as soon as possible. For your info, I did take the test today. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it might be, nevertheless, I did not pass. Close, but no cigar.

InterNACHI’s course was pretty all-encompassing. But I feel as if a lot of the information about the different devices was of mixed value and could have been presented in a more digestible format. It needed more explanations and perhaps photos / diagrams of the individual devices would have been helpful.

Back to the drawing board. I am determined to get this done and appreciate your response. By the way, what kind of device(s) are you using and why?

Gil