number of inspectors?

Individual members benefit from belonging to an association that has many other fellow inspectors as due-paying members. Political power, great benefits, marketing programs, government approvals, success tools, an active message board, vendor discounts, quality education, and even inspector entertainment are only possible if we attract many inspectors and keep our renewal rate high… which we do.

Remember, InterNACHI can’t force anyone to join or to stay… we have to work hard to keep our members year after year.

**I hear a lot about stats! Like your “per NACHI inspector”. **
Question: How does NACHI stand per Florida organization please!
Thank you.

Not true at all. Lets take this one step at a time. I do understand why you see it from your point of view, its very easy. It benefits YOU and your family. You son run one aspect, Ben runs another and so on…So I do understand why you believe the way you believe, its because it is the most progessive in the way of the Gromicko bank accounts…

I look at this as a educational benefit so lets look at NACHI as an educational institution. Although the University of Pheonix is actually the largest college by sheer numbers at 532,673 students enrolled and that small little college known as Harvard has a mere 20,000 students and that dumb school names MIT (those silly little letters) has 10,894 students…

The question is simple…which would you prefer to have a degree from the large and powerful University of Pheonix…or Harvard or MIT?

Well if I ran and owned the University of Pheonix…I guess the answer might be different.

I am sorry I do not follow what your asking here…

How much has NACHI provoded in monies compared to FABI, ASHI or NAHI etc.

Wow. There is a whole another world to this industry that I did not know existed.

Russell, Ben used to be a member of ASHI… ASHI could have hired Ben as their Director of Education: http://www.nachi.org/ben-gromicko.htm They didn’t. InterNACHI did when Gerry Beaumont died unexpectedly.

I suggest you investigate inspection associations that don’t have Ben as their Director of Education and compare their inspection courses, government approvals, and costs to www.nachi.org/education.htm Let us all know what you find out. :razz: LOL

About the same…as far as the council goes its the same

Now let me put that into perspective a bit…although our chapter has given $7500. about $4300 of that came from 4 people…

Since you asked…I did go on your forum and search Ben Gromicko and here is what I found…

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f2/ben-gromicko-68254/

What else should I search?

Nick I love ya and Ben and think your great people. But you put yourself out as some martyr and try to make it look as though this is all out of the generosity of your heart. When in fact it is a cash cow and the influence here has lead to you capitalizing on other ventures.

So I do know you have built something big, huge even. But it has lead to avenues that lead to wealth for you and your family, and that is a great motivator.

I love the organization and most of its members and think its a great place…but just be honest and it is what it is…my hat is off to you, any guy that can start and organization and make it this big is a smart cookie…and any guy who can charge someone $1000 to use three words is even smarter.

Do I need to make you recall a little conversation we had where all I heard was “I got a piece of that”…was the only answer I heard

I don’t deny that InterNACHI’s goal is to completely dominate every square inch of the inspection industry except for classroom courses, insurance, and reporting software. I view the remaining portions of the inspection industry that we haven’t yet conqured as InterNACHI territory temporarily occupied by Barbarians. We’ll eventually get to it all. "Planet InterNACHI… resistance is futile" is supposed to be funny, but all good humor has some truth in it. We need the entire inspection industry, worldwide… and we’re close to having it.

Now Russell, you’re the one who brought up the point that we should look at it from the perspective of the individual member… don’t stop now. Ask yourself, is the individual member better off with or without all the free, high quality, government approved, robust www.nachi.org/education ?

Being a nachi member should be a given for every inspector.

I don’t know anything about MW, but if I was involved in it I’d do similarly and delay all resolutions with consumers until after it ends. Otherwise, they’ll just keep coming up with more complaints (most of which are never valid). It’s not an arbitration service. But again, I’m staying out of that and the insurance business as there is no way to make everyone happy and also stay afloat financially. Many have tried.

And as for political power, in your state of Florida, I had to go up against a zillion contractors. I wish I had a dime for every time some legislator asked me how many members we had in his/her state. Often, it’s the first question out of their mouth. And sometimes it’s the only question they ask. Numbers matter!

As for M.I.T… www.nachi.org/education.htm is definitely the “M.I.T.” of inspector education.

And one last point… Gerry Beaumont stood by my side from the beginning and no one, and I mean no one, will ever be able to completely fill his shoes.

We have managed to accomplish many things in a multitude of States simply because we did not follow the XXXX Legislative Model (which is demonstrably failed).

Why do you view NACHI’s non acceptance and lack of support for someone else’s legislative model as a bad thing?

Nick we just see it differently and different perspectives. I look at it from a paying members point of view and you look at it from an income point of view. It’s all good the paths will continue to be made and things will evolve.

Nachi is awesome it has more benefits that anyone could count. Any inspector that does not join is not really smart. Nick has done plenty for our state and issues in Florida, he has always been there. There is the difference, we are here.

IF things go South then we are in trouble here, it means less or no business, it means not making bills, laying people off or not leaving something behind that we have worked years to build. We do not have the resources to fight for changes , many could not hold on until the next legislative session to make changes(if needed). We do not have the pockets to bring issues to court. We do not get our work from the rest of the world, we get it from one corner of the country, Florida. IF we do not do this right it will mean that inspectors will suffer for years. Our standard of living is on the line and possibly our livelihoods.

It is getting to that. But its the 10-15 people who consistently contribute (either by input or funds) will try to make it better for everyone. Those who give input shall be listened to and their issues and ideas will be brought forward. For those who think “someone else is going to do it”, is correct someone elese will do and its the contractors board and the board of Realtors. I mean its simple if we (inspectors) don’t want to take charge of our profession there are other who will gladly do so for us.

For those who think Nick is the Messiah, let me ask, would it be better for NACHI to have 10,000 inspectors in Florida or 1,000? In that simple questions lies the answers to many things…think about it.

I’m not sure that the right question is being asked. How many Licensed HI’s are their vs. how many HI’s are their are drastically different. It would be interesting to see how many of the 7500+ licensed HI’s activily inspect. This could be where the breakdown is.

These are the reasons I have donated my time and dollars to FHII and the legislative fund.

I encourage all inspectors to get involved.