**About the course:
The National Association of Commercial Building Inspectors & Thermographers™** (NACBI) presents its first 5 day intensive training course to become a Certified Commercial Building Inspector!
This course will grow your current inspection business and revenue potential to the next level! Course modules will be taught by some of the most successful and experienced commercial inspectors, specialty commercial contractors, professional engineers, marketing experts, business leaders, and legal minds in the industry!
An extensive variety of education topics will be provided including technical topics, business issues, the scope of work, fee quoting, proposal and report writing, industry accepted standards, proper use and contracting of specialty consultants, cost estimating, risk management, business marketing, and much more! Course content will provide the resources and knowledge necessary for performing small, medium and large commercial inspections and Property Condition Assessments (PCAs), while removing the fears and intimidation which are often associated with commercial inspections.
Adding commercial inspection services to your existing inspection business will become a lucrative progression of your current business, earning more income and respect than competitors inspecting residential alone! Commercial inspectors generate five to ten times (and more) the average revenue that residential inspectors earn in a comparable amount of time per job!
The personal and professional benefits acquired through this course offering will be substantial. We invite you to join us in expanding your knowledge, services, AND profits in taking your inspection business to the next level.
At the end of this course, you will:
- **Learn **the skills, tips, and marketing techniques you need to get your commercial inspection business up and running
- Be able to successfully organize a team of specialty consults when necessary
Understand the technical aspects of commercial property condition assessments and inspections
Create job winning proposals and superior reports guaranteed to earn clients for life
- And finally remove the shroud of uncertainty and intimidation commonly associated with commercial inspections!
NEEDS AND RESOURCES
No prerequisites are necessary; however, we do recommend solid knowledge and background in residential inspections or general construction, and an eagerness to earn larger incomes per inspection!
All required course materials will be provided to attendees.
· **The Commercial Inspection Business: ** o Filling the need for commercial inspectors
o Lifting the veil of intimidation
o Overview of a commercial property condition assessment
o Assessment types
o Levels of Due Diligence
o Industry Standards
o Recommended core guidelines for conducting a PCA
o General scopes of work
o Gathering the right information
o The survey process
o Anatomy of a commercial property condition report
· **Conducting the PCA: ** o Interviews
o Exteriors and grounds
· **Conducting the PCA continued: ** o **Roof Systems **
o **Electrical Systems **
o **Plumbing Systems **
o **HVAC Systems **
· **Conducting the PCA continued ** o Interiors
o Life safety and Fire Protection systems
o Specialty inspection considerations[INDENT] · **Report writing **
· **Cost estimating **
· Quoting fees
· **Proposals and contracts **
· **Specialty consultants and subcontractors **
· **Property types and unique considerations **
[/INDENT] **Day 4: **
· **Risk management **
· **Communications and closing the sale **
· **Tapping the skills and knowledge you already have **
· **Adding specialty services **
· **Business development **
· **Marketing: ** o Growing beyond the residential market
o **Do’s and Don’ts of the Commercial Inspection Business **
o Tips from the experts
o Open questions
· Begin on-site commercial building inspection
· On-site commercial building inspection o **Follow Dale Duffy (an experienced and highly respected commercial building inspector) as he guides students through an actual property condition assessment of a commercial building. **
Learn how to earn even MORE money by providing services discussed in the bonus evening sessions! Experienced inspectors routinely earn 2-3 times class tuition fees in ONE JOB providing services learned in these sessions alone!
· **Introduction to commercial building Thermography ** o Discussion of various commercial thermography applications
o Discussion of education and training requirements and recommendations
o Discussion of recommended equipment and specs
o Discussion of liabilities
· **In depth introduction to Commercial Electrical Thermography **
· **In depth introduction to Commercial Building Envelope, Moisture, and Block Wall scans **
· **In depth introduction to Commercial Low Sloped Roof Thermography **
· Ask the experts sessions- o **Informal open questions with the days speakers and experienced inspectors **
**All attendees receive 1 year FREE membership OR membership renewal to the National Association of Commercial Building Inspectors & Thermographers ($600 value). **
Membership in NACBI includes the following:
· Free Professional Proposal Templates proven to win jobs over the competition
· Free marketing advice
· Free Business advice
· Free inspection consultations, support, and assistance
· Free internet marketing as a premier and qualified commercial building inspector
· Free report reviews from experienced inspectors
· Free search engine optimized member profiles
· Free job lead referrals through our exclusive lead producing website and Google Ad campaigns
· Free networking with experienced and senior members
· **Access to regional or national experienced members able to provide mutual sub-contracted assistance on large inspection projects **
· Free continuing education resources
· Exclusive Vendor discounts for equipment, software, and training
· Insurance rate discounts
· **And so much more!
Continental breakfast, Lunch, and Break refreshments provided.
***This course will prove to be a VERY profitable investment for attendees! Course fees can easily be recouped within your first commercial inspections! We will show you how!