PA Membership

Originally Posted By: Joe Kelly
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Dear NACHI,

Since I have asked to be removed from your mailing list and the answer was NO, this is supposed to be an "Open to all" forum, and I have been asked to debate Mr. Gromicko before here, lets try and get it over with now.

If you will, as you have stated before you would, answer my questions, with more than one word, truthfully and fully, I will gladly join your organization and become an ACTIVE ADVOCATE of NACHI.

To date I have asked you to validate your compliance with PA law, no less than six times, in writing, and have received no substantive answers other than threats. Let's get it over with once and for all!

When the PAR Grid questions were first asked, back in 2001, prior to enactment of our law, you answered yes to the questions and recently stated you would answer yes again now, but when asked to give more than a one word answer you refuse? So here are those same questions again, in an open forum, where your members deserve answers;

1. Operates on a non-profit basis and independent of a franchise. Please include applicable State non-profit status verification of number.
2. Has membership in more than 10 States. Please include a current, active, member roster, with contact information.
3. Requires performance of, or participation in, more than 100 fee paid Home Inspections for full membership and how they are verified.
4. Requires an individual to pass a recognized or accredited examination that tests knowledge of the proper procedures for conducting a Home Inspection in order to qualify for full membership. Please list the accepted examination (s) and recognition or accreditation of that examination.
5. Requires members to comply with a code of conduct as an ongoing condition of membership. Please attach copies of ethical and standards codes.
6. Requires members to attend continuing professional education classes as an ongoing condition of membership. Please list any levels of membership, type of continuing professional education acceptable, and amounts required.
7. Your organizations verification guidelines for the above mentioned requirements of the ACT and the continuing verification process for membership.

I await your response and will gladly debate any one of the above questions to a satisfactory conclusion.

Joe Kelly

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

DELETED

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Joe Kelly,

Now there is a name that I have not heard in a while. Welcome to NACHI but I seriously doubt that anyone here would like you to join, except maybe Jack. I even really doubt he wants you to join us other than to keep an eye on what we are doing. As Mr. Hagarty stated we are in an open forum for all to see (and read), not just members. Just for the record, regardless of the animosity I or anyone else here may have toward you or the PHIC, you certainly are welcome to join. We have absolutely nothing to hide.

Guess you have spoken with Jack and that he called me about the licensing you and the PHIC plan on introducing to the state legislature sometime in the future. Maybe you could take some time and explain to our membership exactly why you are doing this.

Now, back to the questions you asked earlier. This one answer will cover all seven of the questions that you asked to be answered in your post earlier.

The answer to questions number 1 through 7 is:

Who are you representing (The PHIC, ASHI, NAHI, Keystone ASHI, PAHI, Tri-State ASHI or the attorney general) that you would feel we or any members of our association are obligated to provide evidence of compliance with the PA law to you or any of your fellow members?

I believe you and I have been through this before. You can plainly see the information you request is on our web site. Why don't you call a few in different members of other states and ask them for yourself? Oh, that is right you did in the form of a threatening email, telling them if they only belong to NACHI they are breaking the law. Did you not file a complaint with the attorney general that we were breaking the law? That complaint was dropped, right? All the information that you need is clearly on the site, the SOP, COE, continuing education requirements, member list and our national examination. Are you having trouble reading, would you like us to make a voice recording of it and send it over to you via postal mail? Are you that blind inspector from ASHI that I heard about? You can read can't you?

Come to think of it, that A$$HOLE Paul Edwards is part of your group is he not? Not to mention the president of the PAHI, what a laugh! You are automatically assumed into membership if you are a member of NAHI, correct? Is that legal? I always thought that if I were to be given membership status I would have to apply, not just be assumed into membership. Guess that is the only way he can come up with any numbers! But that is another story. What I was getting at with Paul, is he still telling all of the real estate agents in his office presentations that there are only two associations that can perform inspections legally in the state NAHI and ASHI? Guess he is like you and still under the impression that we are obligated to verify compliance with you, for GOD knows what reason since neither of you are the attorney general.

Mr. Kelly, why are you so insistent on beating a dead horse? The attorney general, I heard is dear friends to someone close in your membership, had the wisdom to drop the subject, why don't you and your fellow cohorts do the same and agree that we are compliant with the law just like you and the other inspectors in your associations?

Ok, I think that I have wasted enough time on this subject. I really did think after the attorney general told you to drop it, you would.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Mr Kelly,

I, too, sent you an e-mail and asked some pointed questions. To date, you have not answered them. Not that you are obligated to, because you are certainly not. To that end, NACHI is not obligated to respond to your inane questions either, as neither you or your organization have jurisdiction or authority on the matter. Only the PA Attorney General has such jurisdiction. So, if NACHI is not compliant, then why isn't the matter being pursued by the State? To the other, more troubling question, why do you CARE what NACHI is or is not doing?

As to the truth... is it true that the answers to the questins you just posted were answered in the affitmative or the negative by applying orgs? Was substantiation or explanation required in the answers? And, to Mr. Myers' point, many of the answers you seek are clearly posted on this very site, for all to see...

The ball is in your court. If NACHI is truly non-compliant, they surely would have been "stamped out" by your fine organization by now. So, why, after all the bitching and moaning, has it not occurred? After all, there is a higher "good" at stake, no? The consumer! Perhaps he needs to be saved from yet another "old boys' network"...

Again, the ball is in your court.

Joe Farsetta

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Joe Kelly:

Thanks for agreeing to join NACHI and become our advocate.

We have refused to answer your past letters DEMANDING this information because they contained something about "PHIC taking on the enforcement of PA laws." We do not recognize PHIC (a private concern) as having any jurisdiction to enforce state laws regarding home inspectors, pilots, foot doctors, or anyone else. So on principal we didn't respond.

NACHI did respond to PAR's (Pennsylvania Association of REALTORs) request because we felt it was beneficial to our members. I have been a member of PAR for many years and understood their need for our information.

NACHI repeatedly declined PHIC's request to join PHIC (Pennsylvania Home Inspection Coalition) for the same reasons we decline paid advertisers to run banner ads on our site. We want to be free. This same freedom permits you to now post whatever you like here on this message board.

Of the 7 items you mention in your post, the latter 6 can be found on our web-site (yes you might have to dig a little). As for number 1, a brief statement acknowledging that NACHI is a non-profit organization is found in our FAQ section somewhere. Our accountant can provide a statement verifying that we are a PA registered non-profit corporation. He is a CPA. He has already been instructed to provide any information anyone requests, including information about NACHI's non-profit status and my compensation($0). You may write him with any questions you have:

Joe Kozelski
Certified Public Accountant
Phoenixville Accounting
300 Bridge Street
Phoenixville, PA 19460

While I'm thinking of it I will also say that NACHI is not just registered as a non-profit organization... it actually IS and OPERATES non-profit. We have only recently billed members a second years dues once, since we formed. Most everything at NACHI is free. I do not receive pay or compensation and never have. I pay for my own vehicle and health insurance and do not get reimbursed from NACHI. I am and always have been a volunteer. All the committee members are volunteers and at most receive reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses. The same is true for chapter heads. Since none of us who steer and help run NACHI do it for money we are each free to do what we think is best to help our membership and each other. We don't have to kiss any tush, charge for our exam, moderate this board, take orders from advertisers, or prove anything to PHIC. We are neither slaves nor servants. We are free.

I look forward to receiving your application and affidavit. Welcome aboard.

Nick

Nick,

That was eloquently stated. As to my knowledge, this guy is truly the only person that really irritates me to no end. Well, maybe I should add the president of PAHI to that list, making it two.

I wonder who they are going to send next, James Bond 007.

BTW...I have been feeling the urge to send mass emails out again. I think that I will send some information emails out to the area agents again. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Here we go, as I expected, the real questions will not be addressed. Rather the focus deferred to off topic comments. If we can stay focused on the real questions this will be quick and easy. These are questions your PA members should be asking. I will not respond to the rhetoric, rather focus directly on the questions, which are taken directly from the law.

1. Yes non-profit status is the easy question and is verifiable, as a matter of public record, without contacting your accountant.
2. Membership in more than 10 states is now easily verifiable, but was that true when you answered the PAR questions?
3 Yes, performance of 100 inspections to become a full member has always been one of your requirements. The question has many other unseen facets, which are in the written law. Joe Meyers gives this advice to a perspective inspector; ?The best thing for you to do is to participate in a few ride alongs until you are familiar with inspections. After you perform a few turn them into NACHI for review. If you need to do anything additional such as education they will have you do a few more. After this you are ready to go out on your own. You will need someone to sign off on those inspection until you reach 100. I believe Nick has set up a committee that looks over the reports and signs off on them, you will have to check with him. After you have done this, you are on your own.? This brings up several questions of legality. First, the law does require differentiating between ?Full? and ?Working? members in several places, such as, ?General rule.--A provision of an agreement of transfer regarding the right of the buyer to obtain a home inspection report and providing for the consequences, if any, to the parties based on the results of the report shall not be enforceable unless it requires SHALL PROVIDE that the home inspection be performed by a full member in good standing of a national home inspection association in accordance with the ethical standards and code of conduct or practice of that association. A home inspection performed by a person who has not attained full membership in a national home inspection association satisfies the requirements of this subsection SECTION if the person is supervised by a full member in good standing of a national home inspection association who agrees to be responsible for the home inspection report by signing the report.? You state in many places that Inspectors do not need to ?Warn? their clients as to membership status. Another place is; ? 7510. RELIANCE BY BUYER. A BUYER SHALL BE ENTITLED TO RELY IN GOOD FAITH, WITHOUT INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION, ON A WRITTEN REPRESENTATION BY A HOME INSPECTOR THAT THE HOME INSPECTOR IS A FULL MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING OF A NATIONAL HOME INSPECTION ASSOCIATION. Which brings into question your Compliance Statement. Over and over again, on your web site, you downplay this important aspect of our law suggesting Inspectors designate their own status. How do you respond to the word ?Supervised? in the law above? Does sending in three to six reports for review by a committee constitute Supervised? And then they are on their own? Do your ?Working? members realize that their ?unsupervised? inspection cannot be used in the legal Real Estate transfer, and what of the poor consumer, who learns this fact too late?
4. Your entrance exam, is it ?recognized or accredited?, and by who? It was not even conceived until long after enactment of our law, and was generated in house. It is your organizations entrance exam and if not ?recognized or accredited? does not qualify, by definition, with the law.
5. Yes, that?s an easy one.
6. Yes, you do have a continuing education program in place, and that is all the law asks.
7. This is one you can invoke your right to privacy as an in house business decision.

As stated in my initial post, I will not be drawn into a pi**ing match and only ask clear response to specific questions. These are in no way my full questions, only the ones that deserve response to your PA members, the consumer, and the Real Estate community.

As far as the Attorney General goes, it was not dropped because my complaint did not have merit, rather that they cannot be a personal attorney to an inter-organizational dispute, but rather respond to the individual consumer.

Joe Kelly:

I am pleased to see you concede on nearly all points. I'll clarify the ones you still are questioning somewhat.

1. You conceded, thank you.

2. Yes we had members in 10 states at the time I answered the PAR questions. We've had members in 10 states since the first 30 days in operation. We intentionally made sure our PA law DEFINED home inspection associations as having members in 10 states so that regional associations like PHIC would not fall into this national association definition...which PHIC doesn't. See http://www.nachi.org/memberlist/featured/all.htm

3. We intentionally made sure our PA law removed the word "directly" from before the word "supervised" when we learned of PHIC's plot to charge inspectors $59 per inspection for mentoring fees. I have in my possession your fee structure which, after much public humility, I see PHIC removed from its web-site. Joe Myers gave good advice about learning the business in part through free ride-alongs which our full members have graciously offered to provide their colleagues at NACHI for free. I feel sorry for the poor inspectors that had to pay PHIC members to enslave themselves. Correction...slaves work for free...PHIC wanted to charge them fees on top of that. Would you like me to post the portion of PHIC's web-site which delineates mentoring fees in violation of anti-trust laws? Oh and yes, our report review committee, made up of volunteer veteran inspectors, offers their mentoring services for free up to 100 inspections. See http://www.nachi.org/success_tips.htm

4. As for our entrance exam...at least we have one. I know of no other association that rejects nearly 1/2 of its paying applicants because they can't pass an entrance exam. And yes it is more than just "recognized." It is the most widely "used" home inspection exam in the U.S. today. Recognized and used as a final exam in hundreds of colleges across the country for actual college credits. It has become a standard in the home inspection education industry. And no it wasn't conceived of recently, it was conceived back in 1988, it just wasn't on the internet until recently because Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet. And no it is not generated in house. I say "is" instead of "was" because our pool of questions from which our exam is generated is constantly improved by both comment from actual home inspectors throughout the U.S. as well as national statistics derived from thousands of test takers across the U.S...not in-house. The randomness of the questions and potential answers permits over 5 trillion different versions. Pass fail rates are displayed as you answer each question. National stats are automatically updated every time someone takes the exam. See http://www.nachi.org/faq.htm#NIE

5. You conceded, thank you.

6. You conceded, thank you.

7. You conceded, thank you.

Can you fax over your application and affidavit now?

Nick

PS The reason the PA Attorney General ruled in NACHI's favor is because we already did submit to them everything they asked for... we just didn't submit it thru PHIC. Now you know.

PSS How can you have a "coalition" of PA home inspection associations without the only home inspection association headquartered in PA? Sounds silly. You out-of-state associations should stay that way.

Originally Posted By: Mike Nelson

I find it very telling when Mr. Kelly describes the Pa. state law, as “our law”.( Point #4 in his second post).

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Mr Kelly,

I go back to my initial question, which to date, you refuse to answer. The question is simple, maybe too simple for you to comprehend. That is, if NACHI is non-compliant, then WHY doesn't the PA State Attorney General stop NACHI in its tracks.

The answer you give is non-sensical. Unless and until you realize that NACHI meets the criteria in the eyes of the PA law, everyone is pi$$ing in the wind.

If I were our Executive Director, and after all the baseless lies and attacks, I'd sue you , the PHIC and/or both, unless you can prove (1) why you have not damaged NACHI with his never-ending rhetoric about non-compliance, (2) why your opinion is correct and the PA Attorney General's is not, and (3) what authority you have to persecute and attempt to prosecute and harass Nick Gromicko and NACHI.

A prime example and one allegedly taken from your own letter to fellow NACHI members, states that if they were a mamber of NACHI they are in violation of the PA law. Your correspondence went on to include a point-by-point breakdown of how PHIC was pursuing NACHI's allegedly "unethical and illegal" practices. So tell me, Mr. Kelly; what reply did you receive from the legislators you sent this "powerful" letter to? Oh, I'm sure you managed to scare the he11 out of a few NACHI inspectors, but what else did you actualy accomplish?

You say we cannot stay on point. I submit that it is YOU, Mr. Kelly, who refuses to stay on point. The enforcement arm of your state begins with the attorney general's office; not with PHIC, NAHI, or ASHI. To my initial questions: why do you care what NACHI does, what authority do you have to continue this campaign of jealousy, why isn't NACHI gone yet, and what is your real agenda.

Since when is breaking a law simply a beef between organizations? Even the attorney general sees your baseless attacks for what they are. The fact that the AG's office has reduced your complaint to this status is an indication that no laws have been broken by NACHI or its members in PA.

Your quote as to the AG's position was as follows: "it was not dropped because my complaint did not have merit, rather that they cannot be a personal attorney to an inter-organizational dispute".

Hmmm... an inter-organizational dispute. This reduces the action to civil rather than criminal. Ergo, no law has been broken. It's a fight between a bully and the undergog in the schoolyard. The AG will not waste the taxpayers money pursuing something that doesn't concern them.

So, it is apparently you and/or your organization who has the problem, which is why the AG has characterized the problems the way they have. It doesn't take a quantum physicist to figure this out. No amount of smoke and mirrors on YOUR part can change this indisputable fact. You have no case for the AG to pursue. No laws are being broken. To bolster my statement, tell me, Mr. Kelly, how many NACHI inspectors have been fined or prohibited from practicing as home inspectors after this chilling expose on your part? If the answer is "zero", then I've made my point. In your tirade, you sound like a child who is being denied a toy he cannot have or is not entitled to, by his daddy or mommy.

As a member-driven organization, perhaps it's time that NACHI membership decides whether to dedicate the funds needed to go on the offensive with regard to your personal actions and attacks against NACHI. Enough is enough! Perhaps an agressive legal response will get your attention.

So, welcome to our forum, Mr. Kelly. Hold on to your jockstrap, you're in for one hell of a ride...

Quote:
Joe Meyers gives this advice to a perspective inspector; ?The best thing for you to do is to participate in a few ride alongs until you are familiar with inspections. After you perform a few turn them into NACHI for review. If you need to do anything additional such as education they will have you do a few more. After this you are ready to go out on your own. You will need someone to sign off on those inspection until you reach 100. I believe Nick has set up a committee that looks over the reports and signs off on them, you will have to check with him. After you have done this, you are on your own.? This brings up several questions of legality. First, the law does require differentiating between ?Full? and ?Working? members in several places, such as, ?General rule.--A provision of an agreement of transfer regarding the right of the buyer to obtain a home inspection report and providing for the consequences, if any, to the parties based on the results of the report shall not be enforceable unless it requires SHALL PROVIDE that the home inspection be performed by a full member in good standing of a national home inspection association in accordance with the ethical standards and code of conduct or practice of that association. A home inspection performed by a person who has not attained full membership in a national home inspection association satisfies the requirements of this subsection SECTION if the person is supervised by a full member in good standing of a national home inspection association who agrees to be responsible for the home inspection report by signing the report.? You state in many places that Inspectors do not need to ?Warn? their clients as to membership status. Another place is; ? 7510. RELIANCE BY BUYER. A BUYER SHALL BE ENTITLED TO RELY IN GOOD FAITH, WITHOUT INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION, ON A WRITTEN REPRESENTATION BY A HOME INSPECTOR THAT THE HOME INSPECTOR IS A FULL MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING OF A NATIONAL HOME INSPECTION ASSOCIATION. Which brings into question your Compliance Statement. Over and over again, on your web site, you downplay this important aspect of our law suggesting Inspectors designate their own status. How do you respond to the word ?Supervised? in the law above? Does sending in three to six reports for review by a committee constitute Supervised? And then they are on their own? Do your ?Working? members realize that their ?unsupervised? inspection cannot be used in the legal Real Estate transfer, and what of the poor consumer, who learns this fact too late?

I believe you answered your own question when you stated that the the inspector has satisfied the requirements of the law when he complies with the section that states,

Quote:
"he is supervised by a full member in good standing of a national home inspection association who agrees to be responsible for the home inspection report by signing the report.?

Are you trying to tell us we are breaking the law again? The attorney general does not appear to agree with you or else he would be writing Nick again, right?

It really comes down to the fact the attorney general agrees with us, if we were not following the law he would be charging many of our inspectors. Here is my suggestion, put your suggestion on how you would like us to do it, you know a guideline, forward it to us so we can review it and make a decision how we should proceed with implementation of the law.

As always, it has been a pleasure chatting with you.

Joe Myers

Mr. Gromicko,

I also am pleased to finally receive a response to long overdue questions, although skating the real issues, it is a good place to start. I have not conceded on any point, rather opted to focus on the more pressing issues.

You intimate you somehow had something to do with the writing of our legislation? I don?t remember seeing, or hearing of, you during any of the many meetings in Harrisburg? Is the ?We? you refer to PAR? Because they were the only organization involved, besides PHIC, in the drafting or amending of our law. For you to insinuate your organization, NACHI, somehow had anything to do with our law is simply not true. As for your direction to your current member list for verification of membership in 10 states, of course after a year and a half of working at it I could have gotten members in 10 states to join something. Show your member list as of the PAR questionnaire. Your web site did not list members in 10 states until long after enactment.

Here?s that ?We? word again, who is WE? The word ?directly? never appeared in any draft of our law, and even if it did what would be the difference, what is your definition of ?Supervision?? Webster?s is; the action, process, or occupation of supervising; especially : a critical watching and directing (as of activities or a course of action)

There was no ?Plot? to charge anybody anything. Post whatever you like. The truth is the legislature, and PHIC, identified early, possible restraint of trade issues with our law which would have stopped it in it?s tracks. The development of the RAMP program was to allow a vehicle for new inspectors to join the profession. The first draft had no dollar amounts and that was a question the legislature needed answered. Those numbers are no longer there because they had no meaning in the first place other than to satisfy legislators and get the bill passed. It is commendable that you offer free mentoring, but so do many other inspectors.

I know of other associations who reject nearly half of it?s paying applicants. That?s where yours come from, the ones who can?t pass a truly recognized exam. If your exam is the most widely used by hundreds of colleges across the country, name a few, so I can verify your statements. By the way, I don?t believe you are allowed to use the acronym ?NIE?, are you?

You neglected to mention anything about the ?Reliance by Buyer? and ?Full? member status, which was added to our law on the first amendment, 11-8-99, and never removed. HB2203, you reference on your PA page, died a peaceful death last April, and becomes moot in a few days anyway. You allude to a Philadelphia law, and state a NACHI member has the first license? That?s hard to believe since they won?t even be taking applications until September, and yes ?WE? were involved in that too.

That?s enough for now, I await your response. People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. Thanks

Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly:

It is difficult for me to keep discussing working members in PA which account for only a small percentage of our national membership. I don't have much free time.

I found a copy of our membership list from 1999 and will attest today that it contains members in more than 10 states. Once you join, as you agreed, I will post it in the members only section and you can contact them all to verify if you have time (it appears you do).

NACHI sold our claim to the acronym NIE. At the purchaser's request we agreed not to discuss the terms of that sale.

The PA law you reference is lengthy and could have easily included the words "a working member must be directly supervised by a full member who accompanies the working member to each home, each room, each component being inspected." But our officials who got elected (not you) wrote something quite different. We have 7 indications as to what they meant:

1. They did not use the word "directly", though could have.
2. They did not specifically require house by house or room by room or component by component supervision of working members, though could have.
3. The logistics of full members hiring more than one working member helper would be impossible if they wrote it your way.
4. The economics of a new inspector getting into the business would be very prohibitive if they wrote it your way.
5. Full members signing working member's reports indicates that the working member is performing the entire inspection including writing his own report.
6. There is no need for any working members if full members must be at every inspection, every room, every component and then sign the report on top of that. What would the need be for working members at all?
7. "Supervision" is already defined in other PA licensed professions. For instance, as an agent my broker supervises me but certainly does not come with me to every house or closing. I've only met him once in my career.

I agree that I use the word "WE" loosely. I'll explain. When I say "WE" I mean all my friends everywhere. "WE" even includes members of your own ASHI Chapter (I will gladly post ALL your past private emails to prove this if you grant permission on this board).

In other words "WE" can get a lot done without you actually seeing "ME" do much of anything. There are just too many smart, good intentioned people for you to combat. This is why you "don't remember seeing, or hearing of" me during any meetings. I don't have to be (and actually can't be) personally & physically everywhere.

Our current PA law didn't end up perfect-for-NACHI-members by luck.

Nick

Originally Posted By: rwills

Quote Joe Kelly: “I know of other associations who reject nearly half of it?s paying applicants. That?s where yours come from, the ones who can?t pass a truly recognized exam.”

Sorry, but just had to chime in on this one. That's a pretty strong comment wouldn't you say Mr Kelly? Seems to me you are attacking every members intelligence with that remark! With a documented IQ of 129, I doubt I would have any trouble passing any test any of the other "NATIONALLY" known organizations could put out. Truth is, maybe NACHI members aren't buying into the fact because, after all, why pay an arm and a leg to take the same test we can for FREE!. I'll even go one farther, "When studied for, "There is no exam I can't pass". So please, If you are going to knock an entire organization, then try using phrases such as "perhaps some of your members" or, "maybe a few of your members." Highway robbery of home inspectors is coming to an end! especially here in Pa. Funny how the so called Penn. Home Inspectors Coalition is made up of orgs that aren't even from Pa. Thank you very much. Bob W.

Bob,

You not only revealed your IQ, you proved it. Damn that was good!

Nick (having so much fun) Gromicko

Joe Kelly,

It is your narrow mindedness indeed that hurts you and the other inspectors around you.

I for one am witness to the fact that PAR called Nick to ask him his opinion on what was being presented to the legislature for the home inspection law. Not only once but on several occasions.

Oh, here we go with that real test BULL**IT again. Who started, funded and maintains that so called "real test" again? ASHI created, funded and maintains that test which they claim does not have anything to do with them. Is that correct Mr. Kelly? Ok, if you can create, fund and maintain your own test, why can't the other inspectors? Does it have to be as ANAL RETENTIVE as the ASHI exam to be considered a good test. Time for you to stop crying our test is too easy, we really don't care what you put on your test, it is your test. If you truly wanted to be fair there are plenty of other tests out there that test a home inspectors knowledge and you could drop yours anytime you wanted to go with a truly independent test, correct. You say apples to apples, when you really mean follow us because "we the SH**". HARDLY!!

This is merely coming down to, we are not doing things your way and there really is nothing you can do about it. That is the real TRUTH!! Now everyone reading this knows it, thank you.

Replies welcome.

Joe Myers

OH! I almost forgot. Would someone like to go over to the IN BB and post that we finally got our debate going and all are welcome to attend?

You know I certainly would if I could! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Hagarty, Farsetta, Kelly, Myers…So many Joe’s on this thread.

Joe Myers: With regards to PA law, allow Joe Kelly to have all the credit for providing PA home inspectors freedom in association affiliation.

We are quite happy just taking his inspectors (there's that word "We" again!)

Hey Mr. Kelly, another one of your ASHI guys just applied for NACHI membership over the fax. Could it be http://www.nachi.org/benefits.htm or this thread you started? Ah heck, I'll give you credit for him. Keep up the good work.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jremas

I seriously doubt that Mr. Kelly has or had any true intentions of joining NACHI. What was the purpose of making this a public discussion? I would assume (yeah I know) that the intentions were to provide doubt to the NACHI members by putting Mr. Gromicko on the spot and hoping that NACHI was truly not compliant with the written law.

I think that no matter what is proven, Mr. Kelly will never come on board with NACHI. He has a "bone of contention" with NACHI and has for a long time. The comment on his web site that states ASHI and NAHI are the only recognized organizations prove that. If I wanted to, I could belong to CREIA and be compliant with current PA law. CREIA just happens to meet all of the requirements.

It does not matter what organization you belong to, what matters is the inspector him/herself. There are great inspectors that belong to ASHI and NAHI, and there are also some complete idiots too. Every organization will have a variety of talent levels, but it is up to the individual person and their ethics, morals, and professionalism to determine what type of inspector they are or will make.

I personally did my own investigation to find out for myself just how compliant NACHI is. No offense to Nick Gromicko, but sometimes I just have to find out things on my own & hear it with my own ears. I called the AG's office and spoke with several folks. I ended my questioning with an attorney from the department of consumer protection (I questioned several departments to make see if they had any hand in compliance of home inspection organizations). What I found out was that they have no say on a home inspection organization. They keep receiving packets of information from some organizations that they contact and specifically tell them "we do not need that information" and ask them to stop sending it. The bottom line is that through my personal investigation into all requirements of the law AS WRITTEN, NACHI is compliant.

I will not give Mr. Kelly a hard time or try to bash him, just give my personal opinion and state the facts from my own investigation. I don't believe he will ever concede to any truths due to his personal agenda and feelings about NACHI. To be honest, what he thinks and his opinion are irrelevant to the industry. He is no more a force than any of us but apparently has the belief that he is of some authority.

Oh yeah, Hey Bob W. 136 for me so it looks as though we have some pretty smart inspectors that belong to NACHI. LOL

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Jeff,

Hey now, just because you are a 136 and I am a 36 does not make you a better inspector! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Oppss, I almost forgot. Well said Jeff.

Joe Myers