PA WDI inspections

Originally Posted By: gmathias
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

PA does not certify WDI inspections , but does certify pesticide applications. Therfore to perform WDI inspections in PA you must be a certified pesticide applicator, pass a specific WDI course, and prove that you have insurance coverage for pesticide application. I wish to avoid paying for insurance that I will never use. I have someone who will add my name to his insurance policy, but he wants assurance that I have my own WDI liability insurance, maintain my own state certifications (WDI), I will not apply pesticides, and basically provide no threat to his liability. Do I need to have this agreement drawn up by an attorney? or can I word a statement that satisfies his duties and mine and have it notarized? Thanks

Originally Posted By: jferry

What insurance that you ‘will never use’ do you wish to avoid paying for? WDI?

The insurance that I am trying to avoid is liability insurance for the application of pesticides.

Originally Posted By: jferry

gmathias wrote:
PA does not certify WDI inspections , but does certify pesticide applications. Therfore to perform WDI inspections in PA you must be a certified pesticide applicator, pass a specific WDI course, and prove that you have insurance coverage for pesticide application. I wish to avoid paying for insurance that I will never use. I have someone who will add my name to his insurance policy, but he wants assurance that I have my own WDI liability insurance, maintain my own state certifications (WDI), I will not apply pesticides, and basically provide no threat to his liability. [Italics, mine.] Do I need to have this agreement drawn up by an attorney? or can I word a statement that satisfies his duties and mine and have it notarized? Thanks

Greg -

How are you going to avoid it when the guy to whom you are lateraling wants you to have it as a precondition of his accepting the assignment?

Joe

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

BUYER WAIVES THIS OPTION and agrees to the RELEASE in paragraph 27 of this Agreement.

ELECTED. Contingency Period: days (15 if not specified) from the Execution Date of this Agreement.
(A) Within the Contingency Period, Buyer, at Buyer?s expense, may obtain a written ?Wood-Destroying Insect Infestation Inspection Report? from an inspector certified as a wood-destroying pests pesticide applicator and will deliver it and all supporting documents and drawings provided by the inspector to Seller. The report is to be made satisfactory to and in compliance with applicable laws, mortgage lender requirements, and/or Federal Insuring and Guaranteeing Agency requirements, if any. The inspection is to be limited to all readily visible and accessible areas
of all structures on the Property except fences and the following structures, which will not be inspected:

(B) If the inspection reveals active infestation(s), Buyer, at Buyer?s expense, may within the Contingency Period, obtain a Proposal from a wood destroying pests pesticide applicator to treat the Property.

(C) If the inspection reveals damage from active or previous infestation(s), Buyer, at Buyer?s expense, may within the Contingency Period, obtain a written report from a professional contractor, home inspector or structural engineer that is limited to structural damage to the Property caused by wood-destroying organisms and a Proposal to repair and/or treat the Property.

(D) If Buyer is not satisfied with the condition of the Property as stated in the written inspection report(s), Buyer will proceed under one of the following Options as listed in paragraph 10 within the Contingency Period:
Option 1
Option 2

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Insurance can be obtained by duly Licensed Pesticide Applicators acting in the capacity of Home Inspectors at a reasonable expense.

Contact me if you need additional information.

Thanks Joe.

Originally Posted By: wpedley

Even if you see something and mention it to your client…you better be licensed and have insurance or it can spell big trouble here in Pa. I just sub this out…works for me. icon_smile.gif