Passed the NHIE today!

For good, bad, or otherwise, it is required for licensing in my state. I just had to share my elation with others who could appreciate the hard work to pass on my first attempt. Yay!! :partying_face: :smiley:

20 Likes

Congratulations Heidi and good luck!

1 Like

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Congratulations, Heidi! Many before you have not done the same…taken the time and effort to absorb the material.

A big hurray!..for your time spent and hard work needed to pass on your first attempt!..onward and upward! :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations Heidi,

1 Like

YEA congrats Heidi! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Congratulations Heidi, you are on your way!

1 Like

First time… good going! Congrats!

1 Like

Congratulations! If you don’t mind me asking, what all did you use as study material? Thanks!

1 Like

Susan, besides the InterNachi courses/flashcards, I purchased the NHIE study guide. I am glad I did as when I took the test it had questions on spas, lawn sprinklers, and solar panels. I would have had some trouble if not for the review of these in the study guide.

2 Likes

Thank you, Joseph! You are full of good information, it is appreciated!

Congratulations, Heidi. well done.

1 Like

Absolutely! First, I did the ICA (Inspection Certification Associates) online courses. I learned a lot from those courses. They were presented as slide decks with a live instructor sharing his own tips and tricks amidst the content, and he did a great job talking through lots of pictures. (I highly recommend for both visual and auditory learners.) One of the main reasons I chose ICA was because it included a membership benefit to InterNACHI. Next, I completed all of the CPI course requirements through InterNACHI. Finally, I watched several of the inspection videos available through the InterNACHI You Tube channel. I took the InterNACHI exam multiple times and scored well, and I paid for one whole house practice exam through Prolydian, so I felt confident. I believe I was able to pass easily because I took 4 months to really absorb the information. I found myself drawing lots of diagrams on my scratch paper during the test. If you slow down to read the questions twice, and draw a picture of the answer from a solid understanding of the systems, it really helps. :grinning:

I am probably in the minority by not using the NHIE study guide books. It just irritates me that they charge an arm and a leg for a product that benefits them most if people end up taking the exam more than once. That’s not exactly motivation to present the study guide book materials in the most effective manner possible. :woman_shrugging:

Good luck!!!

4 Likes

Thanks, that helps a lot! I also have been through ICA on line, then a live version of the class as my state requires. I also chose them for the InterNACHI membership! I have been going through the InterNACHI classes, I am basically on the same path. I have a 14 month old and just bought a house so I don’t get enough effective time but am almost to the point I will be able to buckle down. The fact that you basically did what I am in the process of gives me confidence I will pass the test. The home inspection I had done on my house gave me the confidence that I will be providing a competitive service to anyone who should choose to hire me. I watch the inspection and educational videos on YouTube all the time, my daughter grabbed the phone one day and kissed Ben Gromicko on the screen, it was adorable.

1 Like

Congratulations Heidi!

1 Like

Welcome back to our forum, Ron!..enjoy! :smile:

1 Like

Congratulations Heidi!!

1 Like

Well done.

1 Like

Congratulations!!

1 Like

That is so neat to hear how parallel our paths have been. You’ve got this!! Too funny your daughter is giving Ben kisses. :rofl:

1 Like