PHIC

Originally Posted By: gbell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

While I am a new member to NACHI I just wanted to welcome you too your new position. I wanted to offer my services in any way needed and would like to help with building the membership in Florida. Once we have enough members will we have state chapters? The ashi confernce is in Orlando in Jan.2003 I would be happy to work a booth for membership drive. LOL

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Uh Oh. When Joe Myers finds out ASHI is having their thing in Orlando, he’s going to jump ship. At almost age 40, he LOVES Disney World. Gonna go Joe…its tax deductible?

Nick

P.S. Anyone wanting to form a local Chapter is welcome. NACHI can help.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Sorry Nick,

I knew about the ASHI convention is Orlando for a couple of months. Jen told me because she wanted me to attend so we could write this trip off to disney as a business deduction! ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Sorry, I can not afford to stay there or you bet I would, I love disney.

Joe Myers

The confernce is at a disney property Joe you should be able to get both into your time here. I did hear on the radio today that the Venetion a disney hotel is having a special. It is only $500.00 per night. For a home inspector that is just pocket change right. I hear that you guys in Pa have so much money you can pay 10’s of thousands to become an inspector. So your fees must be very high, Hell one inspection should pay for the whole trip. Just what one of us poor inspectors from Florida heard.

Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

ASHI and PHIC at www.phic.info are bilking $24,500 mentoring fees out of every inspector that never heard of NACHI. We slowed them down here in PA so now they’re trying to do it again in KY. No wonder Joe Kelly can afford to go to Disney. He has the life savings of several new-to-the-industry guys that were just trying to better themselves and help their families. I can’t laugh along with you. I’m sick to my stomach. Nick

Greg,

If I made that much up here you can bet I would be living down there with you at least for 1/2 of the year.

The only thing I can think of you are referring to the PHIC ramp program. Sorry that is not NACHI that is ASHI and NAHI doing that. From what I figured it would cost the average pa inspector $117,000 according to the fees published on their web site, with the full membership still pending approval. Up here in pa they need that full membership to perform home inspections legally.

I can only say that some day I will be moving down there with you. Not as a rich man, just a poor, dumb home inspector that loves disney more than he loves any thing else! ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

BTW....we opted to stay at the world of sports complex this time around. The kids don't care, we are hardly at the hotel anyway. Maybe we will get lucky this time and they will sleep for more than 6 hours a night.

Joe Myers

Hey Joe

Yes I am aware that it is ASHI not NACHI. It was meant to be humorus. The Sports complex is nice I did some work out there when they were building it. Just like you I wish I made enough to live somewhere else 1/2 of the year. It would probably by Las Vegas though.

I hope that ASHI doesn't get something like they have there passed down here. But this state has a long history of Grandfathering in for any new regs they make. Hopefully it will be the same for Home Inspectors. I would like it just so everyone would have to care E & O. It is tough to compete with the people that don't. I am just to chicken to work without it.

Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Hey Greg,

My significant other wants to head over to Las Vegas. I would like to visit but I don't know about living there. We actually have a chance to go to San Diego this spring, I heard this place is beautiful. Nice to visit but I don't think I would like to live there either.

I know what you mean about the E & O insurance. I don't think you are being a chicken, just smart. Why take the risk if you don't have too.

Joe Myers