Originally Posted By: jpope
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
|Woman fatally shocked in pool
By Daily News
An Arleta woman died Saturday after an apparent electrocution in a swimming pool, officials said.
Brian Humphrey, a spokesman for the Los Angeles City Fire Department, said firefighters called to a house in the 14000 block of Nordhoff Street in Arleta at 12:33 p.m. Saturday found the young woman with no pulse.
She and her brother had been swimming in the pool when the woman, who appeared to be in her 20s, came in contact with a pool light and lost consciousness, witnesses said.
When her brother touched her, he felt a sudden surge of electricity, Humphrey said.
Paramedics tried to revive the woman and rushed her to Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Panorama City, where she was later pronounced dead, Humphrey said.
Her brother complained of chest discomfort and was taken to the same hospital.
Humphrey said firefighters identified some questionable electrical wiring around the home and pool and turned off the power.
Members of the city's building department and the Los Angeles Police Department will conduct a more detailed investigation.
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"