Porch Settling Issues

I was hoping to get some opinions on a porch from an inspection today. It looks like it has settled and cracked pretty severely and I was curious what recommendations if any should be made in this case. The house was built in 1914 and the rest of the foundation looked to be in good shape. Thanks!!image image image image image image

First off, it would have helped if the pics were right side up.
Second, that concrete is in need of replacement. Clearly been repaired several times and ways.
Did you check the slope with a level to see if it slopes towards the house or away?

1 Like

Looks like cracks in some type of applied concrete surfacing. Doesn’t look like the porch was in bad shape for its age.

1 Like

I agree. Not in bad shape for its age and parged patterns on the walls, etc., type cracks…IMHO.

Report what you see.

2 Likes

Agree, mostly cosmetic.

1 Like

Great to hear. That’s pretty much what I told my clients today but I was second guessing myself. Thanks all for your input!

And sorry about the picture orientation :confounded:

I used to fix that by taking the picture with the camera rotated 90* to the left or right, depending. That was easier than fixing it with software for me.

2 Likes