Originally Posted By: gbeaumont This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
hi Fred,
I think that is a great idea, if membersare interested I would be happy to look at any .PPT presentations that you have and cherry pick the really goog stuff into one definative presentation. I will then make this available to all members (free of charge of course) I can also personalize it for those who are somewhat technologically challenged.
please use my [email protected] e-mail as the files will be quite large.
Originally Posted By: gbeaumont This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
Hi to all,
Here is a quick idea of an intro page, done in .ppt, just about anything is doable, and I have loads of pages pre-built from my inspection courses. covering every technical topic under the sun.
Originally Posted By: sward This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
I agree. I am new to Home Inspection and I have my first presentation tomorrow with a Realtor Group in town. Any ideas or PPT presentation that someone would like to share would be greatly appreciated.
Originally Posted By: mrichardson This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
If I’m not mistaken, Gerry’s last post to this thread was August 19. Subsequent posts begin on November 30. Do we need to go in a different direction to put together a slide show?
Originally Posted By: fduemig This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
I have something , kind of brief, but a start, that I emailed to Gerry. If any one would like to work this kind of like a group effort, email me and I will send a copy. We can all work it and improve it as we go.
Originally Posted By: gbeaumont This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
Hi to all,
I am sorry Fred I forgot all about it, going in 3 directions at once, I have a 15 slide .ppt file that is customizable for members, please e-mail me if you want a copy.
this is designed to be part of a realtor presentation and I envisage that when presented at a realtor meeting it would take 30 - 45 mins to present.
I would be happy to personalize it for those who are not familiar with Powerpoint.
Please e-mail me [email protected] with realtor presentation in the subject line.
Originally Posted By: fduemig This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
Gerry,
Thanks for the reply and the phone message, I only heard it this morning, I will call you later today.
I reworked the presentation I sent you earlier, I will send you a new copy, see what you think.
Fred
Kevin,
You probably would need a laptop, however, the office where the presentation would be given should have one. You can put the presentation on disk.
Originally Posted By: mrichardson This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
Two factors to consider when designing a presentation to realtors: focusing on realtors rather than directly on home buyers/sellers (obviously part of the focus on realtors is convincing/reassuring them about your value to their clients) and the time available for the presentation.
I have never attempted a presentation to a group of realtors, so I'm speculating, but I think shorter will work better than longer. I'm guessing a 5-10 minute presentation followed by questions and discussion from the realtors will work better than 20-30 minutes of presentation. In my experience realtors have a limited attention span, are opinionated and like to hear themselves talk. All three of those traits leads to more success with a shorter presentation that encourages audience participation.
Originally Posted By: gbeaumont This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
Hi to all,
just a quick up date, I have a 15 slide powerpoint prepared and have saved it as a self extracting presentation ( a .pps), that means you don't need to understand how powerpoint works to see the show 
I have sent it to Fred to check it out and when I have heard back from him that it works OK I will email it to those who have asked to see it (about 15 members at the last count). it is a big file about 1mb so it will take some time to save especially on dial up.
The version I'm sending out has a false 1st page just with details about the show, it also has my own title page, and 2 nearly blank pages for members own details, when we have figured out what changes we want to make I should be able to email it as a template that members can fit their own details into, or as I said before I will help those who are technologically challenged, maybe a couple more members who are familiar with PPT can also be persuaded to help the others out with cutting and pasting bio's, logos an pictures.
BTW, this could be copied on to disc and posted to realtors that you are seeking an in with, an in fact it would not be hard to personalize it to your target.
Oh yeah another BTW, when I talked with Fred yesterday we discussed doing a similar thing for potential clients as well, something that could be used by realtors to explain the inspection proccess
I hope to send his draft out this weekend if all goes OK