Power Point Presentaion

Originally Posted By: fduemig
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am putting together a power point presentation to use at real estate meetings.

Does anyone already have one that you are willing to share? I will post mine when completed.

Fred

Fred Duemig

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

hi Fred,

I think that is a great idea, if membersare interested I would be happy to look at any .PPT presentations that you have and cherry pick the really goog stuff into one definative presentation. I will then make this available to all members (free of charge of course) I can also personalize it for those who are somewhat technologically challenged.

please use my education@nachi.org e-mail as the files will be quite large.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Thanks Gery,

I will take you up on it. Should be finished end of day or tomorrow.

Fred

Fred Duemig

Hi to all,

Here is a quick idea of an intro page, done in .ppt, just about anything is doable, and I have loads of pages pre-built from my inspection courses. covering every technical topic under the sun.

![](upload://aYhdeN9faMSSG9nt2LWlXEoeLLr.jpeg)

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Originally Posted By: loconnor

Gerry

I have wanted to develop a power point presentation for future chapter meetings and real estate meetings, if asked.

The problem is, I know very little except what my sister in law showed me.

I have the power point program on this computer. Fiddled with it a little.
Was able to make up a small test presentation.

I like your intro page you show. Any thing special I need to know?

If I asked for you to send me a program, how would I load it?

Thanks

--
Larry
Western Michigan NACHI Chapter
http://www.w-michigan-nachi.org

"We confide in our strength
without boasting of it.
We respect that of others
without fearing it"
Thomas Jefferson

Gerry,

I sent you an email a couple of days ago with a PPT presentation. Did you get it?

Fred

Fred Duemig

Hi Fred,

yes, I looked at it last night, I will be playing with a version over the weekend, and e-mail it to you when I have it done.

regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Gerry,

I wanted to resurrect this. I think this would be a great tool for all of us. Any progress?

Fred

Fred Duemig

Originally Posted By: psmothers

Defiantly a great idea!! I would love a copy when the final version is done!

Foxe Smothers

"Its not a matter of will we rebuilt it is matter of how soon..."

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted By: sward

I agree. I am new to Home Inspection and I have my first presentation tomorrow with a Realtor Group in town. Any ideas or PPT presentation that someone would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

S Ward

Originally Posted By: wpedley

I also agree this is a fantastic idea as I was thinking of doing this myself.

I would also like a copy when done.

--
BPedley
Inspecting for the unexpected

Originally Posted By: mrichardson

If I’m not mistaken, Gerry’s last post to this thread was August 19. Subsequent posts begin on November 30. Do we need to go in a different direction to put together a slide show?

Thanks,
Mike

I have something , kind of brief, but a start, that I emailed to Gerry. If any one would like to work this kind of like a group effort, email me and I will send a copy. We can all work it and improve it as we go.

Fred

Fred Duemig

Fred,

Sounds like a plan. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) I'd like to help with it. Please send me a copy.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi to all,

I am sorry Fred I forgot all about it, going in 3 directions at once, I have a 15 slide .ppt file that is customizable for members, please e-mail me if you want a copy.

this is designed to be part of a realtor presentation and I envisage that when presented at a realtor meeting it would take 30 - 45 mins to present.

I would be happy to personalize it for those who are not familiar with Powerpoint.

Please e-mail me education@nachi.org with realtor presentation in the subject line.

Reagards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

I would guess you need a laptop and projector for this to work. I have ppt. but it doesn’t do me any good unless I lug my desktop along! icon_wink.gif

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Gerry,

Thanks for the reply and the phone message, I only heard it this morning, I will call you later today.

I reworked the presentation I sent you earlier, I will send you a new copy, see what you think.

Fred

Kevin,
You probably would need a laptop, however, the office where the presentation would be given should have one. You can put the presentation on disk.

Fred

--
Fred Duemig

Two factors to consider when designing a presentation to realtors: focusing on realtors rather than directly on home buyers/sellers (obviously part of the focus on realtors is convincing/reassuring them about your value to their clients) and the time available for the presentation.

I have never attempted a presentation to a group of realtors, so I'm speculating, but I think shorter will work better than longer. I'm guessing a 5-10 minute presentation followed by questions and discussion from the realtors will work better than 20-30 minutes of presentation. In my experience realtors have a limited attention span, are opinionated and like to hear themselves talk. All three of those traits leads to more success with a shorter presentation that encourages audience participation.

Mike

Hi to all,

just a quick up date, I have a 15 slide powerpoint prepared and have saved it as a self extracting presentation ( a .pps), that means you don't need to understand how powerpoint works to see the show ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

I have sent it to Fred to check it out and when I have heard back from him that it works OK I will email it to those who have asked to see it (about 15 members at the last count). it is a big file about 1mb so it will take some time to save especially on dial up.

The version I'm sending out has a false 1st page just with details about the show, it also has my own title page, and 2 nearly blank pages for members own details, when we have figured out what changes we want to make I should be able to email it as a template that members can fit their own details into, or as I said before I will help those who are technologically challenged, maybe a couple more members who are familiar with PPT can also be persuaded to help the others out with cutting and pasting bio's, logos an pictures.

BTW, this could be copied on to disc and posted to realtors that you are seeking an in with, an in fact it would not be hard to personalize it to your target.

Oh yeah another BTW, when I talked with Fred yesterday we discussed doing a similar thing for potential clients as well, something that could be used by realtors to explain the inspection proccess

I hope to send his draft out this weekend if all goes OK

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Originally Posted By: jschwartz1

Hi Gerry,

I would love to see it.

Jay