Proposed Universal 4-Point Insurance Inpection form.

Hey Andrew,

Save your money I have been marketing to all of them for sometime.

I have never been called back for a full inspection. I have had to perform another four point once they have made the required upgrades.

I had a house in the Chickasaw and lake underhill area. It was built mid 70’s. The insurance company made him upgrade the panel and replumb the house. It had a 150 amp service and copper supply lines. They gave him 30 days or they would cancel.

Nick and all Others

I have help start the four point inspection in florida with other major inspectors helping along the way. The form i use is used all over florida and is used for all homes, never any kicked back.

Also own several domain names that nachi might be interested in purchasing for this and other inspectors. I can fax the form directly to you and you can view it. please email me or call 352-361-8065

Also Never Ever charge less than $150 per inspection

Update: I was able to get the sump pump reference removed but not the AFCIs. AFCIs prevent fires (unlike GFCI’s which prevent shocks). There is at least one insurance company considering making AFCIs a requirement for new policy applications. AFCIs aren’t required but they want them on the form.

AFCI’s shouldn’t be removed. Very necessary I would think.

I’m surprised that the ins company actually knows what an AFCI is! :slight_smile: It doesn’t seem cost effective to have to install AFCI breakers into a panel that is over 35 yrs old just to write an insurance policy on a house.

Oh well looks like it is going to become even harder and more expensive to insure your home in Florida.

wow the return of Michael

Et-AL:
Just got an e-mail from NICK indicating that the 4 Point Inspection form is a done deal! Citizens will be accepting the NACHI form. No longer we need to hire a licensed electrician or a general contractor for the NACHI form. Good job Nick! You always come out with flying colors!

**I took the NACHI form and I added my company name and credentials. FYI: We charge in our area anywhere from $135.00 to 150.00. It all depends in the location of the home (distance). So, good luck folks. :stuck_out_tongue: **

INSPECTED ONCE, INSPECTED RIGHT!

R/
John M. Acaron
HOMEINSPECTORUSA](http://www.homeinspectorusa.biz/)
</IMG>

Scott and Carl, read again. I didn’t say AFCI’s are required to get your home insured. I said we have one carrier who wants it in the 4 point style form.

Nick, are we to use only the NACHI form from here on in? I have been doing 4-points for some time now and have’nt had an issue with them.

Can you pass that email along. The rest of us have not seen it yet.

Humberto, you can use your form if it is accepted. The purpose of me developing the universal form http://www.nachi.org/4point.htm is so that I can have it pre-approved by everyone who orders a 4-Point style inspection.

Hey, Guys! I do 4-Points all the time and have for 6 years now. I would like to see a little larger area for comments on the form. Possibly at the end. I charge $150 for 4-points by themselves and $50 extra if requested at the inspection. I always ask if the home is prior to 1970 if they want to have a 4-Point done. Easy money. Nick if Citizens will accept this form that is great. I have only had problems with Citizens. Clients always tell me that they want a licensed contractor to do the 4-Point. Also, with a 4-Point we are putting our butts on the line just like with a regular inspection. Things are getting hairy out there. Agents are testy and clients are picky. Be vigilant. Be careful.

Harry, read my post #16 in this thread. I have forwarded a copy of that post to Citizens today and asked them to let us know if it is anything less than accurate.

Great work Nick!

From what I can see this would have no direct “financial benefit” to NACHI. It is refreshing to see the head of a 10,000 member strong association taking the time and trouble to try to help his membership to earn a living!

***YOU ***are what keeps our association strong!:smiley:

I agree with you 100% Frank. Thank you Nick.

My normal picture inclusions are one front and one rear on any 4 pt style insp. Is this confirmed as “official” w/Citz?

I’ve always included the front, rear and side with my reports. Ocassionally I’ll include the roof.

Front and back photos are required by many insurance companies.