Proud Night In Canada

How funny is it that Larson, unapologetically, uses scientific date ONLY when it supports his beliefs?

Deny the evidence all you like but it can be shown that the IPCC used graphs that are wrong and based on an algorithm that would yield the “hockey stick” no matter what data was entered.

So, the scientific evidence in the graph you linked to is accurate?

Is the IPCCs?

I don’t know. Your turn.

That’s the point you have begrudgingly and maybe unwittingly just admitted.

If we can’t trust the data, why should we be willing to spend(waste) money for ineffective programs to fix a problem that may not exist?

So what will it take Micheal when your sitting in your living room with bail bucket because the Ocean has risen. or you have to go out with a 1/2 inch of sun screen to get the mail.

Get real.

Look up how much projected sea rise there is even with the bad IPCC numbers.

You sound just like Al Gore

LOLLOL well I am in TN near his home town, but i did not invent the Internet. but i do conserve energy when i can see. Thanks Micheal I am a little like Al.

From the parts of it I saw, it was an excellent night for Canada. :smiley:

(and I liked the Phoenix guys lighting the torch. :wink: )

You mean the same guy that consumes more energy in a month than you do in a year and flys a private jet besides.:roll::roll:

In a mansion and pays for green energy yep.
You got it use it. Employing Pilot , ground crew, and lessen the load on security.

Al Gore is not “green”.

When he starts riding a bicycle we can talk.:wink:

No, Michael, what you’ve just admitted is that you don’t even believe the crap that you post on this MB.

All I’ve admitted is that I, personally, can’t determine truth from a simple graph posted on the internet.

Regardless if climate change is caused by man, clean energy technology, IMO, is still good policy.

"clean energy technology" that we can afford. Haven’t seen that yet.

So getting back to the topic of the thread,

“Moguls star Alexandre Bilodeau flies to the top of the podium and etches his name in history.”

Canada final has a home-soil Olympic Champion.

Bilodeau brings home the gold: Moguls skier makes Canadian Olympic history

The Canadian Press

WEST VANCOUVER, B.C. - Canada’s Olympic gold medal drought at home is finally over.
Freestyle skier Alexandre Bilodeau has won the men’s moguls at the Vancouver Olympics.
The 22-year-old from Rosemere, Que., wrote himself into the history books by overtaking defending champion Dale Begg-Smith — a Canadian-born skier who now competes for Australia.
It’s the first time Canada has won a gold medal at its own Games. Canada failed to make it to the top of the podium in Montreal in 1976 and Calgary in 1988.

“The party’s just starting for Canada,” Bilodeau told CTV.
Skiing second from last, Bilodeau blew past Begg-Smith to take the lead with 26.75 points. He then had to wait to see the final run by Frenchman Guilbaut Colas, who ended up sixth.
Begg-Smith, the current World Cup leader, settled for silver with 26.58 points. American Bryon Wilson was third with 26.08.
Begg-Smith marched past reporters after the competition but said en route: “I skied the way I wanted to ski.”
Vincent Marquis of Quebec City was fourth at 25.88 followed by Pierre-Alexandre Rousseau of Drummondville, Que., with 25.83.
“I’m very happy for him and I’m really proud that it’s Alexandre that has won the first gold medal for Canada,” said Rousseau.
Fans chanted ‘‘Canada! Canada!" as the gold medal went down to the wire at Cypress Mountain. Bilodeau’s father and older brother Frederic, who has cerebral palsy, were in the stands as he made history.
After the win, an emotional Bilodeau called brother Frederic “my inspiration.”
His gold follows the silver won by teammate Jennifer Heil of Spruce Grove, Alta., on Saturday night and long-track speedskater Kristina Groves’ bronze earlier Sunday.
Bilodeau, who was ranked fourth heading into the Games, threw his arms in the air in celebration as he stepped on the podium after the event.
Since making his Olympic debut in 2006, Bilodeau’s career has soared. He finished the 2005-06 season ranked second in the world and was named FIS rookie of the year. The following season he finished No. 3, and in 2007-08 he was No. 4.
Last season, he exploded on the World Cup hills, winning five golds and three silvers in nine starts en route to the overall championship.
He had won medals in three events this season but gold had eluded him — until Sunday. He said there’s more to come from his Canadian teammates at the Games.
“I don’t think I’ve realized it yet,” Bilodeau said in the CTV interview. “It’s just too good to be true, but there are so many golds to come. Canada is so strong right now.”
Asked last Monday about the possibility of winning Canada’s first gold medal, Bilodeau said he was sure someone was going to do it before him. "I would bet a lot of money on the first day. I know somebody is going to do it before me.’’
Bilodeau did it one day later.
That freestyle skiing is Bilodeau’s sport of choice should surprise no one. According to his bio on the Canadian Freestyle Ski Association website, the thrill-seeker would be a fighter jet pilot if he had to choose a different career.
That daredevil mentality is evident in his skiing style. Bilodeau is one of the sport’s biggest risk-takers, often attempting the most difficult jumps and hurtling down the middle sections of the course with a recklessness that can either lead to high scores or spectacular wipeouts.

Here’s an idea: Get rid of the tax exempt status of all churches in the US. Treat them like the businesses that they are. Cha-ching!

Cool, I know this has been a sore subject, I am sure there will be more. :cool:
Good luck to all the Athletes. :smiley:

Now move to hockey and curling gold

come on even I am from canada and I know that the russians will win gold for mens hockey