QOD for 1/2/2005 Manufactured homes

Hi to all,

just thought I’d continue on with the manufactured homes topic.

I didn’t realize until I started researching this topic, that in many states manufactured homes account for 30% plus of all new construction.

That’s a big market, and some specialized knowledge.

Regards

Gerry

Gasketing (Small).jpg

When you say manufactured homes does that include moble homes? When looking at them here in MI the only real visual difference from the street is none (due to skirting), otherwise one has axels and the other does not. Manufactured homes are usualy double wide but I have seen mobal home parks that have manufactured homes in them but I have not heard of a manufactured homes community allowing moble homes in them.

Am I wrong in my statements?

Hi to all,

Jason, I use these generally accepted terms when discussing manufactured housing, I hope this helps.

• Mobile home: steel chassis structure built prior to June 1976
  • Manufactured Home: steel chassis home built under 1976 Hud codes
  • Modular Home: no steel chassis, and built to conform to local (not HUD) codes.
    Regards

Gerry

Thanks, that claers things up for me, I think… So, for the most part we need to know the bild date to know when we drive by one of these, as a lay-person.

Hi to all,

Jason, the issue of terminology confuses many inspectors (including me!)

Mobile and Manufactured homes have steel chassis and are titled as personal property, rather than “Real Property” unless they are in a state that allows a deed to be issued to a manufactured home that is perminently installed on a fixed foundation.

Modular homes are stick built just like regular homes and are issued a real property deed, they just happen to have been contructed in a factory.

Regards

Gerry

Such as California.

Mobile home siting is a big business here due to the cost of real estate. Even old mobile homes from the '70s that have been sited as real estate are going for $35,000 to $75,000 here. My newest employee just bought a $35,000 mobile home out in the boondocks built in 1971 (the mobile home, not the boondocks–they grew on their own).

Hi to all,

The correct answer is:

Marriage line

I am pleased to see most members got it correct

Regards

Gerry

It figures that somehow we would work sex into the answer.:stuck_out_tongue:

Only a gay guy could possibly connect sex with marriage.

ROTFLMAO, “without wax.” (Just finished posting in the “without wax” forum."

Hi Gerry! Welcome back! Going to be staying long?