QOD for 12/31/2005

Hi to all,

here’s todays question

8ftwidemobile.jpg

singlewide.jpg

67elcona.jpg

Hi Joe,

to answer this question you need to select the button coresponding to your answer in the panel at the top of this thread.

(still trying to trade up to being a home inspetor I see) :mrgreen:

Regards

Gerry

Manufactured homes are built entirely in the factory under federal code administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), which went into effect June 15, 1976, and has been upgraded numerous times. The code covers single- or multi-section homes and includes transport to the site and installation. Regulations include: design & construction, strength & durability, transportability, fire resistance, energy efficiency & quality. Manufactured homes are built on a chassis and delivered to a site on a several sets of axles; they are primarily intended to be affixed to a permanent foundation. Modular Homes are built to state, local or regional code where the home will be located.

Because we build all our homes in a factory, we utilize labor saving techniques not practical for the average site builder. The factory environment also improves the flow of materials and reduces the amount of “lost time” or damaged materials that are common on site built construction sites. With around 18,000 homes built last year, we are able to purchase materials at a more favorable price than most contractors due to volume. These savings are significant and are passed on to you in the form of affordable housing.

P.S… I ain’t doing that to Gerry…I will NOT post the date…thehehehe but JOE…stick with being an Lawyer…thehehehehehe:)

Why the Edit…because it was OK now for me to place the date in the verbage above and NOT blow Gerry’s question of the day…lol

Let me give you all a clue…

19_ _

Here is another clue.
19x6

I think it was sometime betwtween 1985 and 1998:cool:

It looks like 1963, but that’s not one of the answer choices.

http://movies.aol.com/movie/main.adp?_pgtyp=pdct&tab=main&mid=1016636&date=20051231&uid=5532

I’m confused.

lol…add a 7 in their and you will have the answer…thehehe

Dang!

lol…also Lawyers get paid more…atleast MINE do…thehe

I say 1976. Now with that said I need to say something off topic. For some odd reason I don’'t have access to any of the upper earea forums and get a message:

dnice, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else’s post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    I’ve sent messages under “contact us” but obviously I can’t post under “bugs”. Can someone pass the message on to someone that can correct this?

Thanks,

Why do you have two memberships? Is that how we got almost 7,500 members?

Maybe that’s the problem. You only get one membership and they’ve blocked both of yours until you decide which one you want to keep.

Hi to all

the correct answer to this question is

Regards

Gerry

I created a message board membership before I joined NACHI. After I joined NACHI I had to use my NACHI user name to sign on to access the “members only” areas. So far the new BB seems pretty cool, I’m just not sure how we will have continuity with ongoing discussions now that all the past stuff is archived.

I’d like to be having this discussion in the proper place, if only someone would fix my permissions. (And wher is the frickin’ spell check?)

Hey what ever happened to these questions of the day anyway???

The high limit setting for a forced air gas furnace is typically:

a) 230 degrees F

b) 220 degrees F

c) 210 degrees F

d) 200 degrees F

D…

Very good Brian.

Want more?

Centigrade right??? :slight_smile: