QOD for 2/16/2006 New Contruction

Hi to all,

Here is todays question

Regards

Gerry

I wont answer it because I cheated…thehehehe…I asked Gerry for the answer…BAD…Mr. Abernathy…BAD…BAD…Man…

:cool:

They are getting harder.:smiley:

ya…I have to be totally honest here…When I walk in I do not look for this figure…lol…sorry…I got it wrong…lol…but only by 5%…thehehee

Pay attention!!

*Damn Sparkies

:stuck_out_tongue:

IRC R303.1 has a different number than what is provided. Guess I will round it up.

You are supposed to vote THEN look it up.:p;)

You mean these aren’t open book questions? :wink:

But,that’s no fun.

Damn it Todd…I hate that term…Sparky…EWWWW…you have harmed my soul fella…I am burning in a deep well of depression of your lack of understanding to my error of 5%…I am now turning to drinking…wheres RAY Ray when you need a good martini recipe.

:mrgreen:

Ok what is room glazing?

Window panes

The area of the window or point of egress must be 5.7 cubic feet, and not more than 44" to the sill.

That being code and all, the area must be 10% of the floor space.

Go figure.?

If your room is 1500 sq. ft. how big does you egress have to be???

Most rooms of this size have a door to the outside.

Boy Todd, you are thinking that hard you are giving ME a headache :mrgreen:

Regards

Gerry

Just doing my job sir.

Just doing my job sir.:wink:

what is this glazing you speak of?

In this case it’s just the size of the window opening to make sure there is proper egress. It’s a problem here in Tucson as alot of folks have security bars on there windows( myself included).

It is really just a common sence thing… Can the people that live here get out easily? Can the fire department get IN easily.

I am not one to do all the measurments to make sure it’s OK, but if it looks bad it probably is, and then I get out the tape and check it out.

The biggest problem I find is second story windows that are floor to ceiling. They need guards up from the floor to keep kids from walking out.

Ask a Glazier.:stuck_out_tongue:

I do not believe the original question is about egress Todd, maybe illumination.