QOD June 23-06

Warm air furnaces - A downflow furnace is also called: (blower is located at the top of the furnace compartment)

Hi Claude,

thanks for picking up on the QOD, as I am on the road this week.

BTW, I love the disclaimer in your signature line, I may have to borrow it from you :wink:



No problem - I added the disclaimer to help assure any real or even the possibility of perceived conflict of interest. Some seem offended when I mention a product, or endorsement - sometimes they are even just are offended by my post regardless of content - so when in doubt cover it with an open disclosure. Need to humour those who fine negativity in everything!

Downflow furnaces are also a type of upright furnace. The blower is located at the top of the furnace compartment. The air enters at the top and flows downwards, across the heat exchanger and discharges from the bottom of the furnace.
This type of furnace is ideal for installations where there is no basement and the warm air ducts run through the crawlspace beneath the main floor system.