Questions of the week 01/01/17

Questions of the week 01/01/17****

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

The questions:

1. A Kool fire system has the heat source located indoors?** T/ F**

2. A non-bearing partition stud can be notched:

a. 30%
b. 40%
c. 50%
d. 60%.

1. A pitch pocket would most likely be used with a(n)
    a. Concrete slump bucket
    b. Skylight
    c. Plumbing stack
    d. Hot tar roof**

2. A sequencer on an electric furnace limits the total current draw of the furnace** T/ F**

Good luck inspectors!

f
d
d
t

F,b,c,t

f, b, c, f

John Olson is correct.

F
d
c
t

F
b
d
t

:lol:

T
b
c
t

=D>

Congratulations Marcel, you are correct.

1. A Kool fire system has the heat source located indoors? T/ F (FALSE) heat source is located outdoors.

2. A non-bearing partition stud can be notched:

a. 30%
b. 40%
c. 50%
d. 60%.

1. A pitch pocket would most likely be used with a(n)

a. Concrete slump bucket
b. Skylight
c. Plumbing stack
d. Hot tar roof

1. A sequencer on an electric furnace limits the total current draw of the furnace T/ F** (False) A sequencer control ensures that its individual elements do not all turn on at the same time causing a surge to the electric sytem.

All questions came from the Internachi and Carson Dunlap test study guides.

Bump

Good job again, Paul

Were you expecting a cross examine?:cool:

In my experience, a pitch pocket would more likely on a hot tar roof or flat roof. They are used for all kinds of penetrations.

Cross examination from you? No, not at all.:cool:

I agree with pitch pocket for a hot tar or built up roof but Carson Dunlap and Internachi say plumbing stack. I just bumped this so the winner comes forward and I can rest until next week.

Thanks Paul and interNACHI, again!

The sequencer question had me thinking…now you can go for your rest:)

Congratulations Marcel Gratton on a good job. :slight_smile:

Congats Marcel!

Which does not make it the right answer. Same for notching non bearing studs, google it and you will find 60%. As it’s non bearing who cares :slight_smile:

There are many wrong answers in the CD and internachi exam banks, why not take the opportunity to correct them?

I really thought I won, but!