4 - grommets missing
5 - faucet installed wrong

3 Likes

Many is Vice-Chair and a great help! We appreciate him. :joy:

3 Likes

Manny gives thoughtful questions!
Not like my dumb Google fodder… … …

2 Likes

Not dumb Google fodder at all! It’s always a learning experience especially if the answer has to be Googled right!! :+1:

2 Likes

Careful now and read the questions closely! :wink: :wink:

2 Likes

Good work on the others guys

The two I noticed before reading other answers were:

#1 Over-notching of bored holes in all the pictures

#4 Electrical sealtite conduit exits bottom of enclosure without a fitting or bushing, gas drip leg installed after the shutoff valve.

Wow, Black Sabbath, War Pigs now that brings back memories. :crazy_face:

@escanlan
Careful now and read the questions closely! :wink: :wink:
Great ones Manny
Must have some tricky ones in there. I could tell with #1. I am sure there is more. Now I will need to back and review just to see.

1 Like

Yep but they sure worked when I was there! WoooWeeee!!!

A group of us went and needed a designated driver since we knew we weren’t driving back! Bought two extra tickets for the DD and guest, promised to pay for dinner, drinks, souvenirs, etc. Only taker was a very religious guy, nice guy, and we made sure he understood what he was getting into. They started War Pigs with the stage in total darkness. About a minute in, just before the vocals, the crosses lit up and exploded in flames. Poor guy made it through War Pigs and had to wait out in the car for the rest of the concert.

Wow what a concert it was!! :metal: :metal:

3 Likes

I am impressed. I am not proud to admit this, but for us back in the 80’s the designated driver was whoever was sober enough to find the car.

2 Likes

Hell I had to drive, I was too drunk to walk home.

I remember those DAZE, Brian! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not smart I thought then and still do…but I am not proud of it either…at least no one was injured or died on my group’s watch. :pray:

3 Likes

Thanks but it was a matter of necessity. At the time get a DUI and you receive a free Article 15 to compliment it. Also being a SAC base if you get a DUI you get a free “30 Day Bad Boy Vacation” complete with rehab, lessons, 0500 reveille with PT, etc. That would be a real bummer after such a great concert!

2 Likes

Next time please try to READ the rules before you post

2 Likes

H3ll, they drove my neighbor home regularly when he was so drunk he couldn’t stand up…no ticket. Just a “get to bed Bob”.

1 Like

Still time to jump in and give it a try!

2 Likes

OK all Bryce Nesbitt was the closest but I am in conference with INACHI now since all of Y’all were picking items that were there but not my focus for the question. In other words you still KICKED BUTT on QOTW!! Trying to see how many winners we are allowed to declare. I’ll let Y’all know but until then here are the answers.

Answer 1

Every one of the walls you see with that plumbing work is a load bearing wall. BTW this was only the tip of the iceberg with this problem in a 4000 Sq. Ft. home with 5 full bath groups, 2 full kitchen groups, and one laundry group with a laundry sink. I swear the Plumber only had two hole saws; a 1" for the PEX tubing and a 2.5" for everything else! The following main issues are noted.

1. Studs are bored over allowed amounts.
  2. To many successive studs have been bored along a wall.
  3. None of the studs have been properly reinforced/repaired. What you see in pictures are nail guard plates not intended for stud reinforcement/repair.

The following additional issues are also noted.

1. If you look closely at Q1A not only have they notched it excessively but in his zeal with a reciprocating saw (Sawzall) the Plumber almost completely cut through the stud.
  2. Plumbing extending past stud face will cause issues with gypsum board application.
  3. Other damage appears to have occurred to the studs most likely, but can not confirm, due to this work.
    Gas lines are not properly supported.
  4. Electrical hanging out of the stud bays and not properly dressed in.
  5. On the second floor pic that’s a HVAC return air point mounted across two stud bays with a stud in the middle of the opening. Had they rotated it 90 Degrees they could have fit it between stud bays.

Answer 2

The garage walk out door seals are missing. A little more on this new construction. As can be seen this is a garage with the overhead door in the back and an epoxy coated floor. The threshold is an Endura Products Inc. product (https://www.enduraproducts.com/about-endura-products/). An American made product and just about the only one I see that comes with a protective gray cover over it for protection during construction. The height above the garage floor is about 2.5" and can be deceiving in this picture but the floor does have a proper downward slope to the garage overhead door.

Answer 3

Nothing is wrong here. Isn’t it nice to not have to write stuff up on an inspection! Look closely at pictures 2 and 3 you’ll see the hot water is off in 2 and on in 3. When accessible I take an additional reading at the laundry spigots while testing them. One is a static and another a dynamic with the laundry spigot hot water and another cold water nearby turned on. Pressure can drop and unless it is a radical drop I don’t concern myself with it.

Answer 4

The main issue I’m looking for are the openings in the bottom of the cabinet are not properly sealed. Water can enter this cabinet either from the exterior or from a water heater leak. This water heater will extend into the framed wall cavity just about all of the way to the interior edge of the stud bay framing. That can allow water penetration into the framed wall cavity. Other issues to note here:

The case cover is bent and damaged and can allow water to enter from the exterior.

No bushings or grommets where cables/conduit pass through the metal case.

You can’t see it here but that’s PEX insulated and running through without protection also.

Answer 5

As stated in the question the fixture was properly installed and the aesthetics were accounted for (orientation of handles). In this case there is no hot water to this plumbing fixture.

Fun with music!

Answers

What was the name of the group? Black Sabbath

What was the name of the tour called? Heaven and Hell but when they reached the US they also called it “Black and Blue” as they toured with Blue Oyster Cult

What signature special effect did they use in the concert? Exploding and burning crosses both upright and upside down.

What was the typical first song of the set? War Pigs

2 Likes

Congrats to Bryce and thanks Manny for the great questions. Always learn from these.
@bnesbitt
@escanlan

2 Likes

Congrats, @bnesbitt. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations, @bnesbitt! :+1:

1 Like

Congrats Bryce, good job.

1 Like