Radon Devices

I am just starting my company as a residential inspector and I would like to know if anyone has any information on radon testing devices.
I have purchased a “Pro Series 3” from Safety Siren. It is an electronic type monitor. Would the results from this device be acceptable to use in a report?
I was also considering using an AC cannister in conjunction with the Safety Siren. Any thoughts on this?

Just make sure that you know what your’re doing. You can find lots of useful information on this message board and in InterNACHI. Education. Probably many people will tell you that the device they use us the best. Any device can be tampered with, and they all have their advantages and disadvantages. As I see it, it’s not the device that matters so much as how you use it.

I use the Diversified Reserch Alpha II continuous radon monitor. If there is any tampering with the unit it will print out that is was tampered with and the tamper time. I have the occupants of the house sign a non-tamper agreement at the start of the test basically stating that if the test is tampered with then the test will have to be redone and they will have to foot the bill etc…

I am not aware of any State (those that license Radon Businesses) that accepts results from the Safety Siren Pro Series.

Sun Nuclear CRM 1027 is what I use…