Radon & Mold Contracts

Originally Posted By: pcarter
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Does anyone have a good contract on doing mold and/or radon inspections/testing and doesnt mind me reveiwing it. Any help would be appreciated.

Patrick C.

Town & Country Home Inspection Services, LLC

(Serving S.E. Kansas, Cruising the 169)

Originally Posted By: rhinck

Pat,

For mold I use Pro-Labs. For Radon I us Radalinks. No use recreating the wheel.

Rick
Heads Up Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: pcarter

Thanks for responding Rick,

I didnt realize these two companies had contracts we could use? I use Radalinks and I have talked to Pro-labs regarding mold kits. I am trying to nail down a good contract for my attorney to review, so I can have the attorney create one for the company.

--
Patrick C.
Town & Country Home Inspection Services, LLC
(Serving S.E. Kansas, Cruising the 169)

Originally Posted By: Caoimh?n P. Connell

Hello Patrick ?

Depends on what you mean by a mould and/or radon inspection. For what it?s worth, I have successfully shot down, as a rebuttal witness, every mould inspection performed by an home inspector, that I have been asked to review. If you can?t look at a mould and determine at least the genus without having to take a sample, maybe you should not be doing moulds. Indeed, if you have to take a sample, you definitely should not be doing mould inspections. In my humble opinion ... which is less than humble during sworn testimony. :twisted:

As far as Pro-Labs go ? their reports are easily some of the worst I have ever seen, and an inspector should NEVER use a lab that is foolish enough to perform an interpretation of the data without having ever seen the property (which is what Pro-Labs foolishly does). I have already lodged a complaint with the AIHA Accreditation program against Pro-Labs.

As far as radon goes, the inspections (and therefore the contractual obligations, and contract language) is a lot easier, since one doesn?t actually have to know anything about radon to perform an assessment ? one merely has to be EPA accredited and follow the EPA guidelines (State-specific standards, notwithstanding).

If you would like to read a little more about radon, you may find my page interesting:
www.forensic-applications.com/radon/radon.html

Food for thought.
Cheers,
Caoimh?n P. Connell
Forensic Industrial Hygienist
www.forensic-applications.com

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG

Originally Posted By: gporter

What you said makes no sense. The lab should visit the home.

Gary Porter

GLP’s Home and Mold Inspections LLC

Orlando, Fl 32828

321-239-0621

www.homeandmoldinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Caoimh?n P. Connell

Hello Mr. Porter ?

You are absolutely correct, the lab should visit the home if they are going to make an interpretation of the data. However, Pro-labs interprets data without the benefit of ever seeing the home and frequently that interpretation is contradictory the the fingings of far more cognizant authorities who have visited the home.

Cheers,
Caoimh?n P. Connell
www.forensic-applications.com

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

What Caoimh?n said makes perfect sense to me. Mold is not gold.