Radon testing in CA

(Jason Ramey) #1

So I passed my Advanced Radon course here online, but now I see that I need to register with ARST or the NRSB and take their courses and test as well to become certified in CA. Do I have this right? if so, do you CA HI’s have a CA cert for radon? is it worth it? My business is in Contra Costa County, we’re a level 2 risk for Radon and there are only a few radon testing companies in my area…

Any feedback and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again in advance!


(Scot Baker, CMI) #2

Next to nobody asks for it, mainly people relocating here.

(Jason Ramey) #3

Good to know, thank Scott.

(Scot Baker, CMI) #4

Been asked maybe 3 times.

(Ian W. Mayer, CMI) #5

I get asked maybe 3 times a year, and as Scot said, only from people relocating from other states.

Not enough business to justify buying the equipment and getting the certification.

Plus here in Southern California, people actually open their windows.

(Nicholas R. Peres) #6

I have a “do you check for radon?” in the FAQ on my website in hopes that people will read it and not ask.

(Frank Rotte, , CPI, San Diego Home Inspector) #7

I’ve been asked once in four years.

(Jason Ramey) #8

Hah! So ‘no’ then. Lol, thanks again guys!