Recycling for the Home

Originally Posted By: psabados
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

After a week of heavy rain and crawl spaces with standing water, I finally was able to get into a crawl space that was fairly dry and safe.

Now I've seen blocks, stones, 2x4's even tree limbs and all sorts of ingenious devices used to shore up a beam but this was a new one. Not only unusual but what a clever way to get rid of items that the local trash authorities no longer want. ![](upload://nG6QoJQjrcSKK6PjmSeaK0xz3oO.jpeg)

Those are old 5 gallon paint cans. I will give the guy partial credit, at least he filled them with concrete before placing them. However, no footer and it has already compressed down into the earth. This was one of three such devices. Many other ignorant conditions were also observed. Wait till you see what he did with a 55 gallon oil drum

Paul

Give that man a bag of Nacho's

--
NACHI Vice President

NACHI Foundation, President

Convention Coordinator

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Nooooowwww I remember why I don’t miss crawl spaces!! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: rcooke

I too do not miss crawl spaces, but did one last week I wish I could have missed it .

Small ,damp, dirty, more cob webs then I have seen in the last year .
But so glad I did it.
A broken pipe water has been running for a long long time .
Every day I learn a little more .
Roy sr

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

http://Royshomeinspection.com

Originally Posted By: roconnor

Interesting forms … icon_lol.gif … if they would have just put a spread footing underneath it may have been okay …

Robert O’Connor, PE

Eagle Engineering ?

Eagle Eye Inspections ?

NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong