Control of Canadian Inspectors

Originally Posted By: rcooke
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Some are telling that NACHI is not a good group to belong to in Canada.

Fortunately we have the NACHI site that many CAHPI members do read to find the truth .

Unfortunately there are a few who try to make NACHI look bad .

This is the only place that allows all to voice their opinions good or bad .

Unfortunately CAHPI has closed down their web site so you can not post questions or ask for information . (http://www.cahpi.ca/) message board.
The OAHI message board is only open to members .

The Canuck board is only open to members who do not question the Owners . If you challenge their authority you are removed .
This has led to not asking the questions that need to be answered.
They state the NACHI exam is too simple and any one can pass with a bit of help and that it is a farce.

Well in fairness they do not tell you that to join any CAHPI association in Canada there is no exam.
Just pay your money become a member (http://www.oahi.com/inspectors/m-membership.asp)
Send in $375.50 and you are now a Member of OAHI and they now expect you to go and do inspections so you can take their courses
(http://www.oahi.com/public/baseline.asp) 8 of them at $395.00 each
(http://www.oahi.com/inspectors/m-courseinfo.asp) they also sell a huge amount of information packages at $26.75 each.
They do not tell you that most courses are in Toronto area and if you come from out of town your cost can double or more to take the courses with transportation and hotel rooms . Also factor in how many inspections you can loose with being away for up too four days per course.
They never tell that the drop out rate is in the high 90% of those who start. In 1994 they received (http://www.oahi.com/public/abouttheoahi.asp) they had approximately 100 members (RHI) they now have just over (200) they seem to control the membership increase to about 10 a year ( Almost a closed society )

This is the Group that is trying to take control of the inspection industry in Canada .
They say QUOTE " that if you wish to do inspections you will have to join the local CAHPI association "

I am not against regulations for Home inspectors but feel all active Home inspectors should have some say in their ability to continue to make a living in their chosen profession.

Roy Cooke sr a happy NACHI Member Royshomeinspection.com

I welcome all questions and thoughts Thanks Rcooke@canada.com

Where's MY Puppie

Originally Posted By: Dave Bottoms

Originally Posted By: rwand

Hey Roy can you hear Mr. Bottoms? Why is he shouting? Why is his type in red? Do you think he is pissed? Boy he sure has blowed a gasket real good. (country talk for you city slickers) Yup, what a feller eh? He reminds me of the young boy on the farm thought he knew everthing, wouldn’t listen to anyone. One day just to see how much noise he could make he sat on an empty milk can and farted to see how much noise he could make. Always needed to be seen and heard. Just like our friend. Just like a pup all-righty, you can put his nose in his business to try and get him to stop soiling, but when a pup has to go, he has got to go. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif :lol

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905

http://www.raymondwand.ca
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (R.H.I.)

Roy Cooke sr NACHI is a great Association

Roy Cooke sr Royshomeinspection.com

A Happy NACHI member.

Originally Posted By: cmccann

You 3 guys are out of control with posting. Do you realize that when people come across this stuff they think all of you are crazy? You people need to get a grip. Embarrassing, all of you. icon_rolleyes.gif

NACHI MAB!

Chuck

Thank you, I resemble your remarks! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Hi Roy

This is a very good point you bring up and I quote: He is also exactly what I stated join OAHI pay your money and do inspections . Seven years and he still has not made it to an RHI.

Yes Mr. Bottoms is a testament to what you stated above. I wonder how he will be reviewed by the Certifying Council. He certainly doesn't display an interest in moving up. Hasn't even applied his positive traits to the betterment of OAHI. Seems to have jumped ship and waiting for the white knight of CAHPI I guess. He would make a good union leader, kinda reminds me of Jimmy Hoffa.

Oh well have to go out now and move some manure with my front end loader. When I move it, you know who I will be thinking about ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) . Hope the puppy doesn't soil the floor while I am out. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Roy I sure hope whatever Mr. Bottoms comes up with he will leave the following out of the post... leave the Canadian Forum thingy out of it, the know nothing reporter, the Nachi exam, and any other delirious comments that we have read from him adnausem. I bet he will bring up the same issues. How much do you want to bet?

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Mr. Bottoms when are you going to show some balls. You haven’t asked any important questions of management of OAHI because you have never gone to a meeting! Nor are you able to read finacial reports - that is obvious, nor have you endeavoured to write letters to Oahi asking for an explanation of the finances cause you can’t ruffle feathers, your’re wanker, and are a wimp. I know other people who have a serious concens with the finances and their letters to managment have gone unanswered too. That is negligence on the part of the association. Now what do you bring to the table except threats, viruses, your puss filled mouth and your stupidity. Not much eh. It has also come to light that you have had run ins with the authorities before. So you seem to be keeping one thing regular. I don’t know how you can have the gaul to even post here considering what you have done.

Your a discredit to any legitimate inspection association. It is apparent you are also being used by management in OAHI and CAHPI to do their dirty work and s#!t disturb. The only problem is your to stupid to figure it out aren't you? You are making yourself to be a real jack a$% in front of your peers. Now get back out there and do some honest work today instead of being a wanker. You know nothing about the inner problems in OAHI you only go on what Mr. Mullens tells you and a few others. Of course why would they tell you anything other than what they want you to know cause they pay you lip service only.

Now take your hate and your animosity and sell it to OAHI and CAHPI.

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Quote:
One last thing to consider: If OAHI is as corrupt and evil as the R & R sideshow would have y'all believe, what's that say to the fact that they booted Ray out of the ethics committee? He'll tell you that the BOD actually fired the entire committee, but that's not true. They asked only Raymond to leave but he said he's make a big stink unless they fire the rest of the committee too. In other words, when the $hit hit the fan, he made sure the whole committee walked the plank along side him. Nice.

Correction the committee found out what was going on and they quit because they supported me and they new our work was impeahable.

Those Committee members where

Roy Cooke Sr.
Wolfram Jung
Jeff Clarke - Former President of OAHI
Marco Gannissini
Graham Ashdown
Laurel Harris
Tim Purtill
Roy Chan
George Eastwood

Some served longer others for shorter periods. They resigned because they could not believe the nonsense and had no faith in the BOD. That in itself speaks volumes! Further the BOD was so shortsighted they left the association without a DPPC for close to a year. It is still not properly functional. Your comments are totally out to lunch. You have also the audacity to call into question these peoples ethics and honesty. You sir are a complete and utter Jack a$%. I am even surprised you would distort the truth. You have provided no paper work and you don't have any. You are rely what Mr. Mullen tells you because he had his toes stepped on by the DPPC and he didn't like it, along with another Director. So don't come here and tell you know what you know dick, just like all the other dumb stuff you have been spouting.

By the way when I asked about the concerns over the budget et al I wrote a member of the finance committee and his answer was he had not been on the committee for a long time, yet he was listed. So much for credibility eh? You know dick you wanker.

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: jquinn

cmccann wrote:
You 3 guys are out of control with posting. Do you realize that when people come across this stuff they think all of you are crazy? You people need to get a grip. Embarrassing, all of you. ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

be politically correct Chuck, they're mentally challenged. No, on second thought ...you're right...they're crazy !!

Quinn the Eskimo...sane as I'll ever be.

Mr. Bottoms you are calling into question the integrity of many fine people you are also implying they are liars. You have done a grave disservice and your blank statement is absurd. How could so many committee members with outstanding track records collude into abusing power or allowing me to abuse my position. It is obvious people on the BOD didn’t like finding themselves legitimately under the microscope that came with reprecussions which I was prepared for. The whole committee yes resigned at my suggestion because they were in agreement that without me it was useless.

My sending in my fees or retirement has absolutely nothing to do with the issue of the DPPC or any other issue. You have not been able to make an arguement nor present any paper work. It is all hear say from your three amigos.

And correction... we were never friends and I have never spoke to you about any DPPC business, that is a fabrication on your part as usual misstating the facts to suit your crooked agenda.

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

I haven’t seen - My Dad can beat up your Dad, or My Mom can beat up your Mom, yet.

Warning #6,899,999 - Take it somewhere else.

Bottoms

Get over yourself. The only person who is posing at being stupid is you, you really make it look easy. Those people all served on the DPPC and I am sure if you called them up and told them what you said they would be happy to set the record straight. After all they are not going to deny they served. After all there is paper work to back up what I know and what went down. It all stemmed from the night the BOD held a board meeting in the corporate offices of P2P, which turned out to be an unsuccessful attempt to lynch me. Thankfully I am not a stupid puppet I have been around, their little idea backfired. When the tables turned on the BOD when I spilled the beans that the BOD was being favoured by P2P, well you can see the ramifications. Of course adding fuel to the fire was the fact that two BOD at the same period of time were complained about by two members of the public. Of course pressure was brought to bear by some to get rid of the person trying to clean up OAHI or anything having to do with our ability to properly and with due process carry out what was asked of us by the BOD and more importantly by the by-laws and PR158.. What else would you like to know? I am happy to provide names and details only because you are calling into questions things that you don't know about. You have inadvertantly brought their names into the fray because you have once again suggest that I was operating out of the confines of the by-law or unethically, and I defy anyone to provide that proof, because that is not the real story of why I was sacked. You are starting to open boxes that should not be opened. I am sure if you push the issues further you and your friends could become very embarrassed. Do you want to go there? Do your task masters want to go there? Do you want to throw broken bottles be my guest.

Why have you found it necessary to send threatening emails uttering threats, viruses, falsely posting under assumed identities. Seems you are the one who has absolutely no credibility.

Carry on.

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: rgippner

Hey guys

I need some help here. Can you please indicate on the first line who you are addressing your comments to. Just like you learned to write a letter in grade school. If you are addressing everyone who may read our posts say something on the order of "Hello All" and If you are addressing "Jack" please say something like "Hi Jack". Hopefully you'll be in the airport when you say you are addressing your comments to Jack

Rick

Jeeze I hate typos.

Originally Posted By: tallen

jbowman wrote:
I haven't seen - My Dad can beat up your Dad, or My Mom can beat up your Mom, yet.

Warning #6,899,999 - Take it somewhere else.

I even made a home for you two. ![icon_confused.gif](upload://qv5zppiN69qCk2Y6JzaFYhrff8S.gif)

Here it is again, in case you have forgotten.

http://www.constructex.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=28

Originally Posted By: tallen

icon_lol.gif

Cheers,
Todd

Originally Posted By: rbrown1

Ya know, there is a little thing called email… anyone heard of it?

Oh yes, and then there is the phone, snail mail and ahhhhh door knocking!

Damm guys give it a rest!

This IS EXACTLY why the Canadian BB was moved.

Roy & Ray ........... can you please try to ignore his posts.

Dave is it possible for you to do the same in the reverse?

Hmmmmmmmm I wonder who the bigger person will be?

Who will show the lead?

It is going to get to the point that nobody will read any of the posts that are started by any of you three.

You are all supposed to be intelligent men.

--
Bob Brown
President NACHI Du-Ka Chapter ON. Canada
NACHI Cell: 1-484-429-5465

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Certified Adult Training Services
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com
info@certifiedadulttrainingservices.com