ReportHost releases a custom NACHI version.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/reporthost.htm

Nick

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Nick,

Do you have to be connected to the internet to use this software, or just have internet explorer in order to use it?

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Jim Gallant

Joe,

You do need to be connected to the internet, but you can use any modern browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, AOL, Mozilla, etc.)

We've made a few new releases lately that have some significant new features that are worth checking out. We typically do a new release about every week or so based on inspectors' suggestions. We can do this because were "web-based". If ReportHost was traditional software where you bought and installed it, you'd have to wait for upgrades to be available for you to install, and you'd probably have to pay for them. With our service upgrades are free, and fairly frequent.

-Jim Gallant
ReportHost staff
http://www.reporthost.com

jmyers wrote:
Nick,

Do you have to be connected to the internet to use this software, or just have internet explorer in order to use it?

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: khamilton

Hi Jim!

I have signed up already, but I was wondering what the NACHI-specific features are and how does one get to them?

Thanks! (and great idea, BTW)

Kip

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Jim,

That would pretty much make on site reports impossible, correct? Unless you have a satelite link or something like that.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Joe DiGiacomo

Jim, can these reports be printed at all to look half decent?

Anyone, Does anyone have any comments about this system that already are using it?

Kip,

There are actually no NACHI-specific features, except the difference in look and feel. The "NACHI" ReportHost site is blue instead of red, and has the NACHI logo. This in addition to the 30 free reports for NACHI inspectors vs. the normal 25 free reports.
khamilton wrote:
Hi Jim!

I have signed up already, but I was wondering what the NACHI-specific features are and how does one get to them?

Thanks! (and great idea, BTW)

Kip

Joe Meyers,

You are correct. You need some kind of an internet connection.
jmyers wrote:
Jim,

That would pretty much make on site reports impossible, correct? Unless you have a satelite link or something like that.

Joe Myers

Joe DiGiacomo,

Can you clarify what you mean by "printed at all to look half decent"? I print ReportHost reports out for my own home inspection business (All Point Home Inspections in Poulsbo, WA) for about 5% of my customers, and they look great when printed. But there are two issues to be aware of here.

#1: You don't need to print reports. Each report is published as a web page, and you deliver reports by including a link in an email you send to your client. One of the main points of ReprtHost is NOT having to print out reports.

#2: Since each ReportHost report is published as a web page, each report is effectively one, long, single page (at least when viewed through a web browser like Internet Explorer). It's a foreign concept if you're used to printing reports for your clients, but one you'll gladly adapt to when you realize how much money you're saving by not buying ink cartridges for your printer. Page breaks on web pages occur randomly during printing, but all the reports I've printed are entirely acceptable. Images aren't chopped in half, etc. If you're wanting to insert page breaks in anticipation of your client printing out the report, then we advise not to. Each person's printer and computer print differently, based on printing preferences, installed drivers, etc. So what YOU think works well for page breaks is unlikely to work well for your client. Our advice; "Go with the flow" so to speak. :-)

With that said, we are pondering implementing a new feature where you can force page breaks between report sections when printing.

-Jim

Joe DiGiacomo wrote:
Jim, can these reports be printed at all to look half decent?
Anyone, Does anyone have any comments about this system that already are using it?

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

I believe Ron Bracklow uses this program as he has a testimonial posted on the ReportHost Website.

Here are his comments from another thread:

I don't know if you have made a decision yet, but let me suggest ReportHost software. It is a computer generated software that you download onto your PC (after signing up of course) which is very professional. It cost you nothing except $5.00 per report. They give NACHI members, 30 free reports, and for someone like you just starting out, I think it's great.

www.reporthost.com

Try it you'll like it - I am not part of the company, just a satisfied user.

Good luck and Happy New Year.

Ron.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: khamilton

“There are actually no NACHI-specific features, except the difference in look and feel. The “NACHI” ReportHost site is blue instead of red, and has the NACHI logo. This in addition to the 30 free reports for NACHI inspectors vs. the normal 25 free reports.”

Jim... a followup if you please...

I don't remember (when I signed up) a field where I told you I was a NACHI member? To quote an old joke, "How do it know???"

Honestly I haven't checked in on your site for a while, but how do I get to the NACHI side of your site that will display the branding?

Thanks!

Kip

Kip,

Scott and I manually check every registrant's information when activating ReportHost accounts. So we actually search for your name on the NACHI inspector list. That's how we know you're a NACHI inspector.

To see the NACHI version of ReportHost, go to:

http://nachi.reporthost.com

-Jim Gallant
ReportHost staff

khamilton wrote:
"There are actually no NACHI-specific features, except the difference in look and feel. The "NACHI" ReportHost site is blue instead of red, and has the NACHI logo. This in addition to the 30 free reports for NACHI inspectors vs. the normal 25 free reports."

Jim... a followup if you please...

I don't remember (when I signed up) a field where I told you I was a NACHI member? To quote an old joke, "How do it know???"

Honestly I haven't checked in on your site for a while, but how do I get to the NACHI side of your site that will display the branding?

Thanks!

Kip