Roof Shape

Had an agent ask about roof shape - seems she got re-inspected (her own house) and her hip roof credit was rescinded. Now I didn’t go to the property myself but from Google Earth it looked like 100% hip - I asked if there was a flat portion that I couldn’t see and she responded: No…He went up in the attic and counted the peaks???

Peaks? Have you ever heard of such a thing?

Here is a picture of the front of the house from Google Earth - I don’t believe there are any dutch hip or flat roofs here

download.jpg

Might have been a Dutch hip that threw it over.

Picts Please

I added a photo to the original post

The front is hip, and but what about the rest of the pics

It is NOT a place I inspected - This photo comes from Google Earth - the view from the top appears to be the same shape of construction all around, I’m told that there is not a flat roof, nor any gables - I was told that the re-inspector went into the attic and said there “were too many peaks” - I don’t understand that any more than you do - just wondering if anyone had ever heard of such a thing

I would get permission to go see myself no charge just to see what I could learn. If it was a re inspect I would question that anyway. She may very well have a legit dispute.

To many peaks is asinine :slight_smile:

I agree, there has to be something else going on here. A reinspection gets audited many times and a mistake like that seems very unlikely.

“Peaks? Have you ever heard of such a thing?”

Re-inspector must be from up north. No where near a gable. We call them the “ridge”, they call them the “peak”. What that has to do with gables is anybodys guess.