Rudd Ac Tons

I need to know the age btu’s and tons and approximate replacement cost on an old RUUD gas heat / AC package unit. The model is URGG-15E60-JKR
Serial ALA4502.
Thanks.

Ken,

I believe it was manufactured in 2002. The unit is a 5 ton unit. There is 12,000 btu’s in a ton. Must have been a nice size home.

I’m not sure of the cost though.

Hope this helps some.

Building is much older and the unit looks original late 80’s. It is a big unit might be 5 tons. It just looks to beat up to be 2002. Thanks, where did you get the info?

Serial # says 45th week of 02. Nov.2002 That is not very old

With Rudd after the letter in the middle of serial number is the week and year.

http://www.acdirect.com/air_conditioning_systems_gas_heat_.php

Does it make any difference that it is RUUD, same comapnay? I really don’t know. How did you get the tonnage/btu info

ac pic.jpg

Ken,

There are 12,000 btu’s in a ton. You divide 12 into the model number, in your case it’s the 60. A 42 would be a 3.5 ton, 36 would be a 3 ton, 30 would be a 2.5 ton, 24 would be a 2 ton ect.

Sometimes you can divide 6 into the RLA and get an idea of the tonage. That does not always work on the newer units.

I just priced a 5 ton 13 seer Rheem (Ruud is the contractor grade but made by same co. I think.) The cost for the heat pump {inside and out} was $1,600.00+/.
That is the equipment only. The 16 seer unit was $3750.00 +/-.
Labor is probably $2,500:neutral: