tonnage?

can anyonetell me the tonnage of a Ruud?..
Model: # 10AJB42A01
[FONT=Times New Roman]Serial Number: 6935 T3604 06355[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Thank you,[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Darren:) [/FONT]

I am just curious. Do you report the tonnage on every home? If so why?

OOps its a 3 ton.

12 =1 36 =3

Hope this helps.:stuck_out_tongue:

no sir, this home had a newer condensing unit, the house has sat empty for about a year.
The home did not cool properly, and the temperature differential was out of the acceptable range.
kind of my own curosity.
thanks for the info.

Why dont you just join the ranks ???

Ranks? Sorry for my ignorance.

Join NACHI, best info and the best soap opera going:D

It’s like a two for one:D

gotcha, I do need to join NACHI.
I gotta stop procrastinating, and am planning on stopping prcrastinating, as soon as I get around to it.

Doesnt the 42 in the model number indicate 3 1/2 tons (36+6)? I never provide the tonnage unless asked.

Not to be nit-picking but I thought the tonnage showed up in the model number, not the serial number. If so, then this is probably a 3.5 ton, i.e Model: # 10AJB42A01 results in 42/12 = 3.5 tons.

Could be , show me the chart . I was only guessing.

Thats not a bad idea having a chart to reference. I don’t report tons on my report, but it never fails that Harry Homebuyer or HArry Homebuyer Dad asks the question whats the tonage of the A/C? or another question I sometimes hear is; what is the SEER rating? I guess they are trying to impress someone, I usually tell them I will get back to them on that when I have a chance to desciper the model and serial number? I do to be prepared, but never tell them unless they ask later after recieving the report, but so far (knock on wood) they seem to have forgotten thier question. Go figure!

Tonnage is in the model number. The 42 indicates 3½ tons.

Yes, it’s what I believe too.:wink:

can anyonetell me the tonnage of a Ruud?..
Model: # 10AJB42A01
[FONT=Times New Roman]Serial Number: 6935 T3604 06355[/FONT]

Model Number = 42,000 BTU/hr or 3.5 tons
Serial Number = June 93

Best resource I have found is the Technical Reference Guide from Carson Dunlop

I keep telling them that. Maybe they’ll listen to you.

About Homes INF-0072

I keep telling them that. Maybe they’ll listen to you.

About Homes INF-0072

Tonnage is correct, but age should be = Aug. 2004

5 5
I have a couple of round to-its here someplace, I will send you one.
Larry

Tonnage, Age and Dry Bulb Temp Splits seem to be the most sought after information in this section!

Does anyone have any idea what good this information is?
Why are you reporting it to the customer?
If you can’t show us something, how do you expect someone that has no clue what HVAC is to make sense of it?

I think this is from those canned Inspection Reporting Programs.

Do you want to make more money in this business, not piss off the Realtors for taking so long, impress your client? Focus on the important things!

Take that section out of your report program and move on!

Many states have laws about what you can not report on without being licenced in that field. HAVC is one of those that has not made the list. That’s because the State doesnt understand HVAC either!

Want to stay out of court?
Ask Joe Ferry.
Stick to what you know.
Guessing will land you in court without a paddle or a boat!

If you want to practice HVAC without a licence you will be in violation of a Federal Clean Air Act which could cost you up to three times your yearly gross profits. Talk about a law suit!