Seeking InterNACHI Master Inspector Mentor in Los Angeles

As I progress through the InterNACHI course, I’ve realized the best way for me to couple the learning would definitely be hands on training. I’d love to find a Master Inspector I could shadow maybe one or two days a week in Los Angeles with perhaps a chance at future employment down the road. I’ve been blown away by helpful the community has been on these message boards and the tips I keep getting are to learn on site in addition to the schoolwork. The two times (back East while on vacation with my family) I shadowed a family friend inspector, I learned a tremendous amount that is ingrained in my memory forever. I’m located in Tarzana, I have wheels, have a great work ethic and will try not to be in your way. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

William, you may want to contact some CMIs or CPIs within 40 to 50 miles, or closer, to your area and communicate with them. Maybe one, or more, will help you. Some inspectors feel as though they are training their competition by ride-alongs or mentoring or hiring and some are into it just for the $.

Here is the link for CMIs: Find a Certified Master Inspector®

And the link for CPIs: Find Certified Home Inspectors Near You - InterNACHI®

And Mentors: Home Inspector Mentoring - InterNACHI® and InterNACHI® - International Association of Certified Home Inspectors and Commercial Property Inspector Mentoring - CCPIA

Good call. I’d want to try and find one where I would hopefully work for them so they wouldn’t feel that way. I’ll look at those links. Thanks so much.

1 Like

I just recently hired someone in the Tarzana area, so I’m not in current need of another inspector, yet.

But we’re growing, and we might down the line.

I’m swamped the next 6 days, but maybe we can talk later next week.

Ian,

You made my week. Thank you so much. I’d love to speak when you are free.
Let me now what you need from me.

Best,
Will

Ian,

I forgot to leave my number 310-415-2958.

Hope you’re staying relatively cool in this heat!

Best,
Will

1 Like