Looking to shadow with an experienced inspector

Hello All

I recently finished my exam and now have my license and all insurance coverage. Before I go out on my own, I would like to shadow an experienced inspector to get a better grasp on the cadence of the inspection process. I’m in Citrus County and am willing to travel to work with somebody.

Thanks, Bob

Robert, you may want to contact some CMIs or CPIs within 40 to 50 miles, or closer, to your area and communicate with them. Maybe one, or more, will help you. Some inspectors feel as though they are training their competition by ride-alongs or mentoring or hiring.

Here is the link for CMIs: Find a Certified Master Inspector®

And the link for CPIs: Find Certified Home Inspectors Near You - InterNACHI®

And Mentors: Home Inspector Mentoring - InterNACHI® and InterNACHI® - International Association of Certified Home Inspectors

Also, you may want to take advantage of your Education Team at education@internachi.org for specific questions e.g. 15 Steps to Become a Successful Home Inspector - InterNACHI® and InterNACHI® Master Class for Home Inspectors . And there is the new training cards app Chris Morrell, our CEO, offers: New training app for home inspectors

And there is the Helpful How-To Videos - InterNACHI® for many other things.

P.S. Welcome to our forum. Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks Larry

I appreciate your response and definitely will use the resources you suggested. I understand an inspector not wanting to train their competition. I’m hoping to connect with somebody in Tampa or Orlando areas to avoid that.

Thanks again, Bob

1 Like

My pleasure, Bob. :smile:

Morning, Robert.
Hope this post finds you well.
Welcome to the InterNACHI community.

Best to post your location so inspectors can see where you live.
Keep us posted on how your efforts are going.

Best regards.
Robert